Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no issue with the Gen 2 related to shock noise. The service bulletin for Gen 3 literally just came out, people haven’t even had a chance to get replacement shocks installed and you’re already claiming there’s no fix?
I had mine replaced and the clunking issue is gone. The truck is a lot more composed as well.

MyLord

Reaction score
For me, my 37 package doesn’t really have a noise. I feel a bit of wheel chatter when turning left, regardless if it’s just a normal left at a light or a u-turn. And even driving over the little circular lane dividers when switching lanes, or rough roads, the ride is extremely bumpy. I can feel vibrations under my left foot that rests on the floor as if there’s no or not enough padding, insulation, or something underneath. Vibrations under foot very noticeable too when playing music with some good base. My 35 antimatter blue definitely didn’t feel like this, so not sure what it is exactly. Don’t think it’s the 37s since many members claim it’s the smoothest or best riding trucks they’ve been in.
I have the same vibrations and steering wheel vibrations. Feels so cheaply made. Reminds me of a rzr side by side sometimes.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine sounds like a golf ball is loose in a pocket between the cab and the bed. Removed everything from the bed, checked everything in the back, rode in the back seat, feels/sounds like from under the vehicle. Occasionally when the truck is tilted as in a banked curve I hear it (like a ball rolled to the side), but mostly over the bumps. Is this the same noise everyone else is hearing? I looked underneath, thought maybe because the skid plate over the gas tank wasn't secured in the front, could bounce, but after putting a rubber hose piece between, it made no difference, so that isn't it. Seems odd if really suspension or shocks?
Did you ever find this clunk? Your description sounds like mine. It seems more in the area of the gad filler pipe.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find this clunk? Your description sounds like mine. It seems more in the area of the gad filler pipe.
Yes, after much research, they said it was in the sunroof. I said "bulls**t", it sounds like from the bed or below, etc. Sure enough, they said it was the "rail" in the sunroof and when I got it back, noise gone!

However, I have begun hearing it again, taking it back in Monday to see if something has worked loose again.

Sunroof was the LAST place I would have guessed. Hopefully same thing and an easy fix (this time permanently).

Enrique Villalobos

Reaction score
Just had my right front shock replaced by the dealership and it made a world of a difference. I was actually thinking about getting another truck because of the annoying clunking. Truck rides like my old Gen 2