Sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought we talked about boxes already.

first link specifically says will not wotk on 09 and up crewcabs. second link is a downfiring box. biggest issue of a down firing box is that you offroad. the bumps and vibrations will cause the woofer to fall. it has happened a lot and will continue to happen. downfiring box means the woofer and all its weight are supported by 8 screws. every bump you hit will cause additional stress on the wood that the speaker is mounted to. enough bumps and it will fall and strip the screw holes

OP
OP
srs

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought we talked about boxes already.

first link specifically says will not wotk on 09 and up crewcabs. second link is a downfiring box. biggest issue of a down firing box is that you offroad. the bumps and vibrations will cause the woofer to fall. it has happened a lot and will continue to happen. downfiring box means the woofer and all its weight are supported by 8 screws. every bump you hit will cause additional stress on the wood that the speaker is mounted to. enough bumps and it will fall and strip the screw holes

Yeah, we did. I was looking to see if anyone had any other options out there. I didn't think about the firing down subs, that makes a lot of sense.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have Noah build you a custom box like he did for me. It doesn't stick out at all, has a notch for the floor mats, upward facing sub, and it sounds incredible!!! :)

Correction: I see you want something to fit two subs. However, one sub is all you need with this setup!

Attachments

• 20160321_143632.jpg
    20160321_143632.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for that?

Looks nice.

Not sure exactly as I won the box and the sub from Noah through a Veteran's Day giveaway here at FRF last November. If you're interested I would PM Noah @The Car Stereo Company to find out what a custom box and sub like that runs. I love mine, it looks very "factory" and clean even utilizing the factory sub bracket which holds it down very solid. Noah will set you up right!!!