Studded Duratrac's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue13

Reaction score
So living in Alberta we have a great possibility of either getting a mild and chilled winter or a shit yourself kind of winter. Im ordering a set in the next few days but upon researching them on 1010tires I read on the description that you can stud them. Has anyone ever got it done? Is it worth it? and is it even needed?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't run these on my Raptor yet, but I can tell you in my previous 3/4 ton Ram they made a huge difference in snow driving in Denver. They turned the truck from an ok 4x4 in the snow to fun. Granted, it was no Raptor, but those tires were great (no studs). They're on my short list for the Raptor's replacement tires next year.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting a set in the next few weeks, but over here in Connecticut, we dont get or keep as much snow on the ground as Im sure you do in the great white north. Im going studless when I order mine. I think its like 15 or 20 bucks per tire for studding. Cant go wrong at that price. If you dont like em, you can always take em out.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure you want studs first. Studs and stud able tires are both made to stay in forever so if you don't like them it will be a long day of trying to pry hundreds of studs out.

Will they give you ultimate traction? No, they will give you subtle control on clear ice or very hard pack snow. However, they will also have you lose significant traction on bare pavement and they will be NOISY!. The bright side is the more you drive the larger the stud gets as they're stainless with a carbide center (stainless wears down carbide doesn't). I'm not a stud fan but it's personal preference of course.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Youll be fine with jut duratracs.......
I run my mud grapplers on ice roads in N ontario. Aired down never had a problem. Just in case i carry 37" chains.

Drive up to the conditions. If you feel like your slipping on bare ice slow down, studs dont help when your ripping thru shit. Anything can happen. Stay safe out there

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had studs on my Dodge Stealth a few years back. Sounded like bubble wrap popping when you drove on dry pavement. They worked INCREDIBLE though! My 00 HD I just got blizzaks, non studded, and they worked equally as well, but didn't have the novelty factor of studs lol. I'd love to hear a set of studded tires on a Raptor, that would be one bad ***** snow machine!