GEN 1 stuck in PARK and no brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woutvc

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the RIGID dually fog ligts, the lights work fine and the car starts with no problem.
The only thing I din't test was to drive it. But the next day, my 2014 Raptor is stuck in PARK and the brake lights don't work.
I checked all the fuses but all the fuses are fine. (measured them).
Any suggestions in getting the Raptor to hid the road again?

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all your other lights come on? If not, it may be your battery took a crap and will need to install a new one. My wife's EDGE did it last week. Nothing would work. Couldn't even shift it into neutral...

OP
OP
woutvc

woutvc

Reaction score
All the other lighting works just fine.
The Battery level is when running around 14.3V which is also normal.
I'm still puzzled by the interlocking issue and the fact that the brake lights are not working.
My local shop is still looking for the issue.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as checking the brake switch, having a capable scan tool at your disposal is handy if you can monitor the data for the ebcm or such step on the brake pedal and see what the data pid does.

OP
OP
woutvc

woutvc

Reaction score
OK the problem is solved.
When stripping the Aux wires (passenger side dashboard), I pulled it a bit too hard to get more room, this caused the a cable going from the brake switch to the BCM to get snapped and causing all the issues.
A new cable has been installed and now all works fine.

So for those people who want to install something to the AUX switches, don't pull too hard on the wire !!