Stuck in Melvindale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAc4s

Reaction score
My dealership sales manager said I should expect shipment updates to "go dark" for about 2-weeks after it gets to Blue Island, IL. Then, without any updates, it shows up here in the Peoples Republic of California. Meaning it might not be sitting, it may be there are no updates.

My truck is on the rail, not yet to Blue Island.

Wallybosch

Reaction score
I wish my truck was at a rail yard or in transit…….
Mine was shipped April 5 and was “totaled in transit” April 6! Now two weeks later and I don’t even have a build date on the replacement truck!!! The long wait continues…..

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FP said mine is now at the distribution center in NC. Hooray

Tazercat

Reaction score
My dealer (Holly, MI) is 54 miles from the plant. My truck has not been built yet but I sure hope it never has to see the inside of a rail car!

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuck in Melvindale for 10 days now waiting to get on a train out of MI. It sounds like most people don’t have much delay getting on the train, and most have trouble getting off.

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
It looks like most of the Raptors are shipping out of Melvindale (closest to Dearborn plant), but mine is currently at Flat Rock (Ramp 51), next to the Mustang plant. Not sure why it was moved there for shipping, but Ford hasn't updated the status since 3/27 and still shows a 4/13 delivery to dealer estimate. Anyone else have this issue before?

I have a buyer for my current F150, so trying to get some idea of how long I'm going to be waiting...