Stuck in 4A?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Hope everyone is well and safe. So what had happened was…

Over the last few days as Hurricane Idiot passed through Florida I had been using 4A on my Gen 2. Would always switch her back to 2H right before getting home. No issues when I took her out again and switched her to 4A as needed. However this morning when I left for the office in 2H I noticed my steering felt heavier like it does when I’m in 4A. I tried switching her to 4A and driving for a bit and then switching back to 2H however steering stayed the same. My IWE was faulty and the entire hub assemblies with IWE were replaced about 3 weeks ago after I had the infamous grinding sound so don’t think that’s the issue. Is there a chance the transfer case is stuck? Is there a particular way to test this or a better way to diagnose the issue? Thanks in advance.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the transfer case was stuck you should have 4x4 system warning messages and accompanying DTCs. Have you checked your steering mode? The “Sport” setting is quite a bit heavier than Normal or Comfort.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fml! If I thought a transfer case was going to be expensive then therapy for the PTSD is going to break the bank lol I’ll just give her the “suck it up mama didn’t raise no btch talk” on our way home today instead. That good Old school “Raptors don’t cry” speech we all grew up with lol

“look at me! What are you? A snowflake?! A Tundra?! No? Then get over it”