Stuck Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loke

Reaction score
This problem has finally ruined my day. The hottest day in Phoenix has finally left me stranded. Doors opened and got me where I was going, but wouldn't open 10 munites later. So now I'm grumpy and not sure what to do. About ready to break a window.

The think that posses me off the most is that they key should work to physically open the lock. Instead, the key only triggers the actuator. What if this was a real emergency? Is breaking a window the only way into the truck?

d4nguy

Reaction score
***Possible Solution***

I recently encountered a similar issue on my 2012 SCREW. While some reported incidents vary slightly, my particular incident consisted of my rear driver side door not unlocking. I could hear the actuator although the door simply would not unlock. I attempted to manually lift the lock but it would not budge and I didn't want to break it by pulling up too hard.

My solution was to give the door a good SMACK while clicking the unlock button on the keyfob. Whatever was stuck seemed to dislodge itself when I smacked the inside panel of the door. I know this sounds weird but it worked for me, and if there was indeed a stuck mechanism this solution is logical. I have yet to pull the door panel off to see if I can identify where the mechanism was sticking, but I may hold off unless this issue recurs.

Hope this helps someone.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SCrew Door Won't Open

We just returned from ARDD and now the passenger side rear door won't open. It opened fine all weekend and then when we got home and started unloading, it couldn't be opened from the outside or the inside.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it open? I don't think I can remove the door panel without opening the door first, so I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.
make sure the door is unlocked and give it a good jerk. my rear drivers side door does this sometimes. you really have to pull hard, but its a sudden pull. i grab the handle and yank pretty damn hard when it gets stuck. the more i open it, the better its getting.