Stuck Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy thread revival! I took mine to the dealer. Of course while at said dealer, locks didn't jam. It would always jam when I had people sitting in the back, so I got the "you drive a $60k truck and the doors jam?"

The next time it happened, i took video of it and showed it to the service manager.

They replaced all four of my doors mechanisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey stranger. How's it been going? Ready to get back into a Raptor yet?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey bud! Yes. Ready. Going to see what the new body style has in store for us. Eagerly awaiting! How's things going?

Busy, busy. Getting ready for Snowball in January and Moab in February. Maybe Baja in May. You should show up somewhere and hang out. Really get the bug. I'm sure someone would let you ride along.

How's house sales going? Heard the market is pretty good down there right now. Got an old friend who works for Keller Williams and he said he's been real busy.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have a busy season coming along! Snoball would be a blast! If you do Moab, I can bring the Humvee ! I already have the bug haha.

It's going well. Need to buckle down this next year and get into a new Raptor ;)

loke

Reaction score
Both my locks jam on hot days. Any time it sits for a bit in 90 plus. Hasn't ruined my day yet since I have been spending summers in Maine and it has only been one at a time. I'm sure it will eventually leave me stranded though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both my locks jam on hot days. Any time it sits for a bit in 90 plus. Hasn't ruined my day yet since I have been spending summers in Maine and it has only been one at a time...

Hi loke,

Have you ever mentioned the misbehaving locks to your dealer? Since it only happens on hot days, it may be a while until you're able to replicate it for them. What's your Raptor's model year/mileage?

Crystal

loke

Reaction score
I have not mentioned it, since as I said, I have been on vacation during the peak of the heat. I'll definitely need to, since I'll probably stay local this year. I'm hoping I'm not the only one in AZ that has the hear affect their locks. My truck is a 2013 with about 50k on the clock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced this issue a few times in Texas. I don't buy the dust theory as they worked fine after Raptoborfest and TRR.

I recently moved to Arizona and it's been happening every day, and sometimes a few times each day. It's really frustrating when my wife is driving and has our child in the backseat and can't get the back doors open.

'13 SCREW with 30,342 miles.

-Corey

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I experienced this issue a few times in Texas. I don't buy the dust theory as they worked fine after Raptoborfest and TRR.

I recently moved to Arizona and it's been happening every day, and sometimes a few times each day. It's really frustrating when my wife is driving and has our child in the backseat and can't get the back doors open.

'13 SCREW with 30,342 miles.

-Corey
Very good point regarding TRR and Raptoberfest.

I agree that would be an issue not being able to get the kids out. That's a safely issue!

So what is causing it?
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com