Stuck Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few months of ownership I had one of the door locks start sticking, and soon after all 4.

Hit the unlock or lock button on the key on on the door would stay locked or stay unlocked, it varied but mostly it would not unlock.

Took it to the dealer, they claimed Ford would not cover it but said they would. They replaced all 4 locks and door handle mechanisms. They claimed the problem was dirt geting in the lock and door mech.

Now, 9 months later I am having the exact same problems with the locks/door mech.

I dont buy the dirt theory, but if that is real how can you deny warrantty when the truck you market as an off road vehicle breaks due to dirt.

Anyone else had a similar problem or heard of it?

Truck is a 13 four door.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like an electronic issue not mechanical. My guess is a loose or damaged wiring somewhere. Electrical problems suck and are hard to find.

OP
OP
K

Kartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like an electronic issue not mechanical. My guess is a loose or damaged wiring somewhere. Electrical problems suck and are hard to find.

That was my original thought as well. However when the locks were replaced all was fine for 9 months.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having same issue with my passenger front and rear doors. Dealer couldn't replicate issue when I had it in. So annoying

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...9 months later I am having the exact same problems with the locks/door mech...

Having same issue with my passenger front and rear doors. Dealer couldn't replicate issue when I had it in. So annoying

Hi Kartman and Txfight00,

I want to jump in here and do what I can to help. To get things moving in the right direction, PM me your details and I'll check out some options to assist. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

loke

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved?

I'm having what appears to be the same problem. Sorry to hijack. If my trouble seem different I'll be happy to open a new thread. I'm convinced it is not electrical and is mechanical. When the problem occurs, even trying to open from the inside by pulling the door handle, I can feel a considerable amount of resistance. It actually feels stuck. Mine is a 2013 SCAB. This started about six months ago but has slowly increased in frequency. It seems to be affected by the heat, since I can now almost guarantee it'll happen mid day as temps get up 100-110 degrees.

OP
OP
K

Kartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get this resolved?

I'm having what appears to be the same problem. Sorry to hijack. If my trouble seem different I'll be happy to open a new thread. I'm convinced it is not electrical and is mechanical. When the problem occurs, even trying to open from the inside by pulling the door handle, I can feel a considerable amount of resistance. It actually feels stuck. Mine is a 2013 SCAB. This started about six months ago but has slowly increased in frequency. It seems to be affected by the heat, since I can now almost guarantee it'll happen mid day as temps get up 100-110 degrees.

Thats exactly what mine does. But I have not noticed a relation to the temp. I had to have the locks replaced twice and FORD wont cover it because dirt caused the problem.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...This started about six months ago but has slowly increased in frequency. It seems to be affected by the heat, since I can now almost guarantee it'll happen mid day as temps get up 100-110 degrees.

Have you had your dealer take a look, loke? How many miles are on your Raptor? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCrew Door Won't Open

We just returned from ARDD and now the passenger side rear door won't open. It opened fine all weekend and then when we got home and started unloading, it couldn't be opened from the outside or the inside.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it open? I don't think I can remove the door panel without opening the door first, so I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.