Stuck between a Raptor and a Roush Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MyRaptorArk

MyRaptorArk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that I had heard rumors of Ford taking a break from the Raptor from 2014-2016? If that is the case, you may wish to think about ordering one yet this year.

I would hate to think that any one of my Hero's (Military) would miss getting something that they want on a timing technicality.

Good luck with whatever you decide but most importantly, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :patriot:

Speedy,

I have 2 dealerships looking into the break. Will let this thread know.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They wont get any real answers, if they come back with something it is ********.

DO it when you can afford to do it, if you end up getting a 12, 13 in 14 or 15 so be it. If you have to have new order a 13.

Reaction score
2013 roush

i have a 2013 roush raptor on order. it should be here by the end of jan. i have heard the same thing about ford taking a break on the raptor. the new body style will be out. they are taking a 1 maybe 2 year break before they release again.

one additional thing to consider is warranty. my roush raptor is coming with a full 3/36 warranty. that is everything. not just supercharger and supercharger parts. well worth the money in my opinion.

BeachWarrior

Reaction score
I own a 2013 Roush Raptor. It is a fantastic machine. I take it off road and do not see a problem with the extra power. On the road, it will accelerate 0-60 mph in 6 seconds easy if you don't spin the tires. It is a fun truck to own and all my friends want one after driving mine. I was in the market for a standard Raptor when I had the chance to drive and buy a Roush version. There is no comparison between the two. Don't get me wrong, the standard Raptor is a great truck, but the Roush version is amazing!!

SWEraptor

Reaction score
Does the Roush Raptor get new papers (technical documents) saying that is has a supercharger or is it just like an aftermarket mod?

Here in Sweden you are not allowed to add power, so adding a supercharger is a no-no unless it says in the papers that the supercharger is what its supposed to have. The thing is that they cant measure how much HP you have, so you can upgrade that supercharger as much as you want, as long as you meet the emissions reqs. :) I would love to have a Raptor with a legal supercharger. :)

BeachWarrior

Reaction score
I bought my Roush Raptor from a Ford dealership that is an authorized Roush Dealership. The truck has a separate Roush serial number and an addendum window sticker for the added Roush Components. In other words, the truck was delivered to me as a new factory vehicle.

It is my understanding that a Roush supercharger package can be installed as an aftermarket modification, but the vehicle would not get a Roush serial number.

I hope that helps. Not sure about the legal ramifications for you.

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into a whipple. I'm getting a whipple. Bout the same price. I would suggest it. Obviously the outperforming ur suspension still applies and if anything u should get a bump stop if u wanna off road a little

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Also. Whipple makes the raptor faster than roush. 2.9l whipple (650hp crank) vs 2.3l tvs (590hp [stage2] crank) 20% loss to the wheels for both