Stuck between a Raptor and a Roush Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRaptorArk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am stuck on deciding either the Raptor or Raoush Raptor. I am ordering my Raptor next year and a Dealership in my hometown in Alabama orders Roush Raptors. The salesman I talk to there is a family friend. Just trying to decide if I should get the Raptor or the Roush Raptor.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
street queen? or offroader?

if you are going to use it offroad, then dont get it. your trucks motor, stock, will outperform your suspension. if you plan on keeping it on the street, then you can probably get the supercharger, but be careful

jpboats

Reaction score
Roush

I have Roush Raptor and I can say it is very easy to out perform the suspension. That said the truck is strong as an ox and I love it. I do not jump mine so I do not believe I will hurt it. Also I have yet to hear of anyone ordering one of these. Ford builds the truck and sells it to Roush and in turn sells it back to Ford. Not saying you can't order one but have not heard of this being done.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could just buy the truck and add the parts to it after.... i remember hearing it was a bucketload cheaper then buying the roush package.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say if u got the money go roush raptor. Yes u will out perform the suspension but ur right foot controls the power. U will learn how to drive it offroad then on road u will enjoy the extra POWER!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could just buy the truck and add the parts to it after.... i remember hearing it was a bucketload cheaper then buying the roush package.

This ^. eliminate the Roush premium. Get the supercharger aftermarket (whether roush, whipple etc) and you will probably have enough money left to significantly beef up the suspension as well.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i agree with netix whipple all the way if your gonna put that king of money into it and that kind of power. i have a "whimpy" 5.4L with a few things done to it and more to come of course but that little powerhouse is plenty of power off road. but like you said it won't be off road very much so as long as you dont have a lead foot and can control your inner child you should be able to handle all that awesomeness with a super charger! good luck with your decision!

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am stuck on deciding either the Raptor or Raoush Raptor. I am ordering my Raptor next year and a Dealership in my hometown in Alabama orders Roush Raptors. The salesman I talk to there is a family friend. Just trying to decide if I should get the Raptor or the Roush Raptor.

I thought that I had heard rumors of Ford taking a break from the Raptor from 2014-2016? If that is the case, you may wish to think about ordering one yet this year.

I would hate to think that any one of my Hero's (Military) would miss getting something that they want on a timing technicality.

Good luck with whatever you decide but most importantly, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :patriot: