Stuck at gas pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Truck was bought new .Has Cobb Accessport tuner stage 1 with trans tune

This confirms the problem. The fix is to uninstall the tune making SURE you wait the required 15 seconds before turning the truck back on. Don’t just count or guess, use a timer, your phone or something to be sure.
Then load the tune(s) back up starting with the PCM then TCM. Make SURE to wait the required 15 seconds and you should never see the problem again.
It happens because the CAN Bus data stream is interrupted before the wrap checks at the end off communication. It leaves some bits hanging that sometimes don’t get counted and the TCM doesn’t come on line.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I switched to the Cobb sport TCM tune but didn’t start the truck after install until a couple of days later. First drive I got an oil pressure warning with a de tune on driving. I monitor oil temp and pressure on the accessport and it was fine. Stopped the truck reinstalled the tcm tune waited 15 seconds and restarted. No issues since.