Stuck at gas pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwkhd1

Reaction score
Filled the truck with Sunoco 93 today. Started truck , shifted to drive . Nothing ,no forward ,no reverse,Nothing . Tried shutting truck off ,then restarting probably a dozen times .Same results . Let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Started , shifted to drive .Went into gear no problem . This is the third time this has happened. I found a thread a while ago concerning this , but I can't find it now .Truck is a 2018 Supercab with about 26000 miles . Anyone else have this happen ?

Wayne

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Filled the truck with Sunoco 93 today. Started truck , shifted to drive . Nothing ,no forward ,no reverse,Nothing . Tried shutting truck off ,then restarting probably a dozen times .Same results . Let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Started , shifted to drive .Went into gear no problem . This is the third time this has happened. I found a thread a while ago concerning this , but I can't find it now .Truck is a 2018 Supercab with about 26000 miles . Anyone else have this happen ?

Wayne

Do you have a tune on it? It sounds like the CAN Bus has a communication fault with the TCM. It can happen during an OBD CAN reset or tune flash when the truck is started before the 15 seconds elapses for the Bus to fully reset. When you shut it off for at least 15 seconds it will start right up and work fine. If it is totally stock, then you indeed have a OBD CAN Bus or Bus Controller fault.

OP
OP
jwkhd1

jwkhd1

Reaction score
Truck was bought new .Has Cobb Accessport tuner stage 1 with trans tune