Stubby Antenna or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got whichever one was cheap and had a ton of good reviews on Amazon. It works great but I pretty much only listen to Sirius/XM.

The biggest reason to get the shorty is that in Offroad situations the antenna can whip and break the windshield.
I haven’t seen it happen since the gen1 days but that’s why some of us run them.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The biggest reason to get the shorty is that in Offroad situations the antenna can whip and break the windshield.
I haven’t seen it happen since the gen1 days but that’s why some of us run them.
Interesting. Good reason. I just got tired of the CLANG, SCRAPE, WHAP WHAP WHAP on the backside of my garage door.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Good reason. I just got tired of the CLANG, SCRAPE, WHAP WHAP WHAP on the backside of my garage door.
When I first brought my truck home and I was putting it in the garage for the first time, I was pretty nervous because it's a darn tight fit on the sides. I'm creeping in, trying to be super carefull, all of a sudden I hear this clang/scraping! I about crapped in my pants! I wouldn't have thought an antenna hitting the metal part of the door would make such a scary racket.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it home, and pulling into the garage I hear a noise. Uh-oh I think to myself as my stomach sinks. Thankfully, at the same time, I notice the whip antenna moving, and proceed to pull in. Within 10 minutes of being home, I was on Amazon ordering a stubby.

Same here. The quote above is literally from my first post on this forum

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to replace my antenna to fit it in the garage. I ordered my 30.cal antenna on Amazon. It picks up FM stations well enough but I listen to Pandora, Apple Music and Amazon Music solely
Exact one I have. Has gone from truck to truck to truck over the years. Love it.

GDK

Reaction score
Not only do they do look better you rid of that annoying whip going down the road. What was Ford thinking??
Not sure if we lost any FM performance at all.