Stubby Antenna or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAXRaptor1

Reaction score
Raptor Team,

Hello. Just got my first raptor and working a small list of easy mods first. I wanted to check and see if there is any downside to removing factory and putting on a short stubby antenna? Also would love reccos on the ones you have seen/bought that you liked. Thanks for the help on my dream truck!

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the CravenSpeed Stubby.

In my experience the reception for AM and FM channels can be a little worse when you aren't in a large city. I live in Houston so reception has always been fine, but also I like to listen to satellite radio and/or stream through my phone anyway, so it has never been an issue for me.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you live close to town a stubby should be Ok.
But if out of town or frequent trips then the stock antenna is best.
I live in South Texas not quite in the Middle of Nowhere but close. Tried a stubby but only received a few AM stations.

willywilson

Reaction score
I have the Ronin stubby. It looks great. Yes you do lose a little radio range when traveling rural. I listen to CarPlay or XM so not a concern. I think it's a one of the lower cost mods that add a lot.

1. Ronin stubby
2. LineX rear wheel wells
3. Front window tint
4. Rear view mirror tap for blendmountradar detector. I have pics of that @raptorlanche

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the Rydonair, works good, looks good. It has a CF collar on the bottom. I trimmed a few inches off the stock one and keep it in the back in case I need to go in a parking garage. It's a good early warning system.

View attachment 409545
Hold on one cotton pickin' minute. As you may recall, I totally stole your cool idea and have the exact same stub and skull. And I love it. But that had to have been taken when you first mounted the goat -- err, I mean the skull. Mine looks like it's been through a sandstorm, nicely beaten up and weathered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free