GEN 1 Strut Mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will check up on that, they are new from Tasca last set of axles had them put on so hope they are working. Good ideas, I'll put a text to myself and try to remember pics of everything, it's the last big part of the bellows on the boot, inner boot, rubbing on itself. "kissing" like some of the duallies you see with the wrong offset or too big of tires to look cool ! ( Kinda like my front on the top perches, rides terrible, eats boots but looks AWESOME !!) :doh2:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, just saved me the hassle, you meant just find a real one from dorman with the big end we need, got it
see if you can rent a boot stretcher from the auto parts store. if not, i put mine on using 5 phillips screwdrivers..... yeah, it makes sense when you have it apart.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@The Car Stereo Company @Gryphon313 @jp4lsu @Irregular F150 @jessie5150 Heres some shots of the new stance, little over 1 inch down in front with the 3.0 Icons, will they settle a little more over the next few weeks ? I like the stance, up a tiny bit in back now, After a year and a half my wife says "Looks good I've never liked that up in front look" HAHa , I thought it looks Awesome a little up in front but I won't mess with the rear now looks ok. The blocks on the rear look stock to me so they must have come pretty low in front if bottom perch was stock. Thanks again for the input guys, BS
Oh yeah, blasted it with the fluid film, for the next big snow in San Diego ! looks cool though, gonna blast everything

Attachments

• New-icon3.0.jpg
    New-icon3.0.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 18
  • rear-block.jpg
    rear-block.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 18
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 18

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jessie5150 just drove it home from the shop yesterday and will drive more today and see how they do. It was harsh off road even in the deep sand with top perch and probably in need of rebuild OEM stuff, hoping for smoother ride with these for sure

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jessie5150 just drove it approx 40 miles and hit every bump as hard as I could, no clunking and super smooth over spots that would have slammed me before, apparently the shocks were pretty bad and the top perch way stiff, feels great now just mad I didn't do it a year ago ! Even turned off the radio for this report which is blasphemy for me, as your penance you must play Britney Spears for one half hour every day for a week :signs16:

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BSRKNU-big scotty What setting do you have the reservoirs on? My fronts are currently on the softest setting, but after driving it for a bit I think I need to dial it up a notch or two. Seems to float just a tad too much.