Stripped preload collar - Fox 3.0 Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hey @ryan505

Im thankful that Summit was able to take care of you. Next go around, get the shocks through us and we will set them all up for you prior to shipping them out.

FYI, Nice Tie Rods. get a set of our boots on there ASAP.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey @ryan505

Im thankful that Summit was able to take care of you. Next go around, get the shocks through us and we will set them all up for you prior to shipping them out.

I did just yesterday! Ordered them from you guys a while back but just got around to it now.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey @ryan505

Massive thanks to RPG for finding me a set! Bolted them on yesterday, which puts an end to this little story :)

jrminor76

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else bought the new 3.0’s from Fox, and had difficulties adjusting preload once mounted.

Truck is full droop. Managed to get the driver side about .5 inch preload before it got too stiff by hand. It’s like mega stiff, and I can’t see how anyone can get a couple inches without taking them to a shop and compressing the spring first.

So I switched to passenger side, and I hardly made an eighth of a turn before I heard a snap and realized the collar skipped over the thread and that’s all she wrote.

And yep, I’m using the Fox 3.0 spanner wrench, as well as a 5/16ths punch to turn the thing because you can’t get the wrench into the tower for all turns. You can actually see the collar spanner holes warping while trying to add preload. I don’t think there’s much chance of me undoing the preload at this stage either.

I’ve got zero miles on them. Pretty bummed right now. I’ve emailed Fox but not sure how far I’ll get with them.

If you look close at the first pic you can see the sheared thread.

Would love anyone’s observations that say I’m an idiot or that the collars are garbage. Or both!

View attachment 142408

View attachment 142409
Same thing happened to me. Its almost impossible to find a replacement also.