Strange noise 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Porsche and Merc service center would have me in today with a loaner energy if they couldn’t get on it for a week or so.

Well.....we bought Fords not P cars or Mercs. Loaner cars are not part pf the warranty program.

The OP's problem is he is using a ****** or very small dealer.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought it from a dealer not local to me. And the local dealerships I called pretty much said if I drop it off they won’t touch it for a week, or I can just take it in next week.

For the record, it does not matter where you bought your Ford, as long as it was an Authorized Ford Dealer. In the same regard, it does not matter where you service your Ford, as long as it is an Authorized Ford Dealer. I buy my cars based on what dealer has the exact model and combination I want. As luck would have it, that is rarely one of the dealers close to me. No matter what make. But volvo, audi, vw, chevy, and ford have never given me a hassle servicing a car i did not buy from them. i will drive an hour to buy, but not for service.

Call around. Or drive to a local shop and have the service adviser look at it. You will have to drop it off, but many will find a way to squeeze you in.

OP
OP
R

Rjp4419

Reaction score
Well.....we bought Fords not P cars or Mercs. Loaner cars are not part pf the warranty program.

The OP's problem is he is using a ****** or very small dealer.

The closest dealer to me is the largest ford dealer in the Pittsburgh area. So that’s not the issue.

OP
OP
R

Rjp4419

Reaction score
For the record, it does not matter where you bought your Ford, as long as it was an Authorized Ford Dealer. In the same regard, it does not matter where you service your Ford, as long as it is an Authorized Ford Dealer. I buy my cars based on what dealer has the exact model and combination I want. As luck would have it, that is rarely one of the dealers close to me. No matter what make. But volvo, audi, vw, chevy, and ford have never given me a hassle servicing a car i did not buy from them. i will drive an hour to buy, but not for service.

Call around. Or drive to a local shop and have the service adviser look at it. You will have to drop it off, but many will find a way to squeeze you in.

I did call around. And all of them told me pretty much the same thing. The one dealer said if I were to drop it off they wouldn’t be able to look at it “for at least a week”

Idk if they are all the busy or just blowing smoke. But I have an appointment on the 19th. So see how that goes.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Woah, that's louder than a fuel pump from a mid 90's GM truck, and that junk was loud. May be some missing insulator at pump/tank, or tank strap or something too. I would just drive it until they can get you in.

Owen Grady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya pittsburgh ford dealerships are all pretty bad about service. Have never received any type of loaner and every one is at least 2-3 weeks out and it's always some bs excuse. They sure are off at 5PM and dont have service shifts on Saturday though.

OP
OP
R

Rjp4419

Reaction score
Small update. Sound appeared to be coming from the passenger rear shock. Took it to the dealer with the videos I’ve been stock piling. Waited about two hours to have the service advisor tell me “yeah I heard the noise, it does sound like it’s coming from the rear shock. But I think it could be normal for the 20’s”

I politely told him this isn’t normal and he knows damn well it isn’t.
He then said “ well it’s a $1500 shock and I need to confirm with corporate before I order it and if that is a normal noise or not”

As soon as I left the dealer I called Corporate. Waiting on them to get back to me.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on dealing with corporate?

Yes.

Remain polite and describe the issue you are having in detail. Everything you tell the rep gets typed into a form, so if it needs to be referenced later (especially in a case where the dealer drops the ball) you want it to be accurate. I've seen plenty of people call and scream at the reps as if it's going to change something; they have a specific set of resources available to help you as the consumer (not enough IMHO) and being polite and detail oriented will get you the best results. Franchise laws enacted by dealership lobbyists have really restricted the amount of pull manufacturers have on dealerships in terms of customer relations, but most dealers will work with the Ford rep to reach a resolution for the customer.