Strange noise 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peavey02

Reaction score
Check this link out. Ford has the evap test that will happen when the truck is off. It will make a mild humming noise. But I've never heard one that loud. 90% of people never hear it. I'm not 100% sure. But it might have something to do with that. Just an idea.

Does the sound go away after driving for awhile?

Does the sound happen every time after you shut the engine down?

https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/fords-evap-system-operation-testing/

Sorry kind of a long read. But good information

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll for sure update when I know what the issue is.

can’t get an appointment to be seen until December so hopefully it’s nothing serious.

Let me get this straight,,,you bought one of their most exclusive trucks that has a serious noise issue and they won’t get you in today or tomorrow? Porsche and Merc service center would have me in today with a loaner even if they couldn’t get on it for a week or so.

Last edited:

BigTomJR

Reaction score
i would either go there and go to sales dept to who you bought it from and sit there and wait or go to another dealer

OP
OP
R

Rjp4419

Reaction score
Check this link out. Ford has the evap test that will happen when the truck is off. It will make a mild humming noise. But I've never heard one that loud. 90% of people never hear it. I'm not 100% sure. But it might have something to do with that. Just an idea.

Does the sound go away after driving for awhile?

Does the sound happen every time after you shut the engine down?

https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/fords-evap-system-operation-testing/

Sorry kind of a long read. But good information

it seems like it only makes the noise while idling. And not while the vehicle is off.

OP
OP
R

Rjp4419

Reaction score
Let me get this straight,,,you bought one of their most exclusive trucks that has a serious noise issue and they won’t get you today or tomorrow? Porsche and Merc service center would have me in today with a loaner energy if they couldn’t get on it for a week or so.

unfortunately for me I didn’t buy the truck at a local dealership. So i don’t think the closer dealers will really care. I called and the earliest a dealer can get me in is 11-19. Both said I can drop it off today but they won’t touch it for a week.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d try another dealer or call Ford direct. If this is the dealer you bought the truck from, They clearly have a customer service problem.

I would want that diagnosed ASAP.

OP
OP
R

Rjp4419

Reaction score
I’d try another dealer or call Ford direct. If this is the dealer you bought the truck from, They clearly have a customer service problem.

I would want that diagnosed ASAP.

i def want it looked at ASAP. Unfortunately I bought it from a dealer not local to me. And the local dealerships I called pretty much said if I drop it off they won’t touch it for a week, or I can just take it in next week.

but I’ve been taking a video every time the noise happens, worried when I get it there it’ll stop.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuel pump does not run continuously, it's a closed loop system once the fuel rails are up to pressure the pump turns off.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with the truck running it’s not constant? If it’s the pump that’s pretty horrid sounding. You wouldn’t want to get stuck. Dealers at times do get backed up. You may have had a little more pull if you purchased it locally.