Strange issue when shifting into 3rd gear- Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunther

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have a 2021 with 18k miles on it. When shifting from 2nd to 3rd under normal/slow acceleration the RPM's drop for a moment then go back up. Its like the RPM's are bouncing. I attached a video where you can see what I am talking about. The throttle position doesn't change and this happens in sport mode as well.

If I am under harder acceleration and the shift from 2nd to 3rd is above 2,000 to 2,800 RPM's this doesn't happen.

Does anyone else have this issue or know what it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Video Below

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a problem. Likely needs the TCM software reloaded first. If no fix, it’s most likely the transmission solenoid or clutch packs.

awd5906

Reaction score
I’ll have something similar happen with my ‘23, but less extreme than what occurs in your video. I believe it’s the torque converter locking. Happens in 2nd and/or 3rd gear, 30-40 mph, 2000-3000 rpm. Can anyone else chime in?

Great Scott

Reaction score
Mine does this. I believe it’s the transmission skipping gears as it doesn’t go through 1-10 in order. It’ll skip lower to mid level gears depending.