GEN 2 Strange Ambient Lighting Behavior (802A)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAF

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I posted my hello in the new member section and mentioned the issue there as well.

I just bought the truck last week and have put about 550 miles on it. No issues thus far.

I did however notice something kind of strange tonight. I just finished grabbing dinner with my buddy and I went to show him the truck. The truck had been locked, so I tried pushing the remote start and it didn't work (no big deal). So I hit the lock button twice, then started it up remotely no problem. I noticed when I shut the doors and pushed the start button, my ambient lighting wasn't illuminating. It would work when I opened the door with the truck running, but upon closing the door, they weren't lit up.

After I got home I fiddled with the setting and found the ambient lighting adjuster. It was turned all the way down. After reseting them, I had no issues.

Could it just be some gremlins in the system or what?

I'll see if the problem persists, and I'm glad I have a scheduled appointment soon incase anything else pops up.

Note: The ambient lighting had been working fine since tonight. Also, when I turned the truck off, the 'Ford Performance' graphic played. Is this normal and something I haven't noticed before?

Thanks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ambient lighting concern sounds like a setting that was shipped that way from the factory. When vehicles go through End of Line (EoL) configuration and validation at the plant, settings can change. This will vary from vehicle to vehicle depending on what exactly was performed during this process. If you adjusted the brightness up and it’s remained operational, you should be good to go.

As far as the Ford Performance graphic, that should display any time the system boots up or powers down.