STOLEN - Silver Gen 2, Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
No sir, I'm not a member. Time is precious, and with my work schedule, I don't have alot of time to spare. I've been a lurker for the past several years, and haven't taken the time to reach out or really contribute to the forum. That said, there's been alot of great info on here, and I greatly appreciate being able to learn from all you fine human beings.
The group I was mentioning is on facebook. Fairly large group of us all living in Colorado. It's helpful when we need to share info or have questions.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In my narrow, military mind there needs to be heaping amounts of contrition, many and profound apologies, and appropriate compensation

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can’t believe how level headed OP is.

I think back to ... earlier years, and I can easily envision the service manager tied up, ball gagged, hood over the head, hands chained overhead to an i beam, suspended so feet don’t quite touch the concrete, which is covered in about half an inch of water, where we are having a heart to heart talk about the proper way to secure a vehicle that you are entrusted with.

I’m glad I’ve matured a little.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to have an organized car theft ring that was burglarizing dealerships, taking the lockboxes and busting them open, and driving off with multiple Chargers and Challengers at a time. Absolute PITA to track as well because dealerships take awhile to figure out what's missing, get VINs, etc and the thieves get more of a head start. There were no FLOCK cameras or the like, then, either so it was harder to track stolen cars other than just random luck or one of the few cars that had a plate reader.

Anyone who thinks cartel operations anywhere in the country are a recent thing is simply wrong. They just don't target 'normal people' enough for the media to care or people to notice. Cartel hits occur for cartel or former cartel members who've "escaped" or gone rogue. Organized raids on jewelry stores and jewelry sales reps have been common for decades, to the point they are just generically called "Columbians" and are often believed to be special forces trained soldiers. Dudes are slick AF, seldom seriously hurt or kill anyone, and are incredibly difficult to catch. Most car theft rings are local or regional and range from methed out opportunists to fairly sophisticated theft rings, but the dudes who are good at it are real good at it and penalties just aren't on the level you'd hope for.