Stolen.....recovered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's dirt cheap because a salvage title (especially on a vehicle still in production) destroys its value and warranty. If you plan on keeping it awhile the discount can be worth it...a salvage scab could be a nice base someday for someone building a baja rig.

Curious as to how the truck was stolen given that you clearly are not dealing with profession keyfob cloning thieves here...

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
Yeah, I am with you.. under $20k seems like a deal... but.. I looked into buying a salvage titled SUV last year.. obviously getting a loan on it is impossible.. I didn't need one, don't know if you do. My insurance didn't like the idea either... Luckily the one I was looking at was only ~$6k, so I didn't need full coverage. I'm not sure how your insurance will work or if your normal insurance will cover you. Maybe you already covered all of these items.

Based on everything I found out, I passed on the idea. Maybe, others have comments

Roc Nichols

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note When I park my truck (Raptor) anywhere I try to remember to put it in Valet mode. If anything they would be restricted to 5 mph. Am I correct in saying this?

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make lemonade I would make a pupose built off road truck strip the interior and have it cleaned then modify as you want since the warranty will not apply anymore. Go buy a new truck for a daily driver...

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Might look at all the dash cluster telemetry if you can...engine hours vs idle hours vs distance traveled vs mpg if not reset. This data will be most helpful if you know what it was for your 11k-contribution to the mileage...i.e., figuring out how it was driven.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d definitely buy and fix up if the settlement left you that much cash. Depends on if you wanna drive it and run it into the ground or if you’ll wanna get the 2022 Raptor when it comes out. Being free of warranty can be nice if you wanna mod it...no worrying if the mod is worth losing warranty if it is already gone.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, now thanks for all your opinions but here is what the OP should do;

1) Take the (supposedly) good insurance $$$ and buy a new truck. Great deals are on the way.

2) Buy the "Drive it like it was stolen......oh it was!" truck and turn it in to the ultimate off-road deamon.....given time and money.

3) Do it!

4) Thank you and Good Morning.

5) Carry on