Stolen Raptors - What Happens if It's Yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any real world experience with this? There have been at least two (I gather more, but hard to differentiate stories) instances of stolen Raptors at Dearborn.

Anyone know what Ford would actually do if a customer order were stolen? Will they rush production of a replacement? Will they inform the person privately that an issue has come up? Or would the tracker just indefinitely say Built, Awaiting Shipment?

I'm a bit concerned about my Built truck being one of the stolen ones, but I'm far more concerned Ford would never tell me. I'm a one-vehicle guy and I'm currently in something I don't want to be in while I wait for the truck to show up. It's dragging out...

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If you have the vin, you might run a carfax. lol. Or call your insurance agent and have them run it. Just a thought.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the vin, you might run a carfax. lol. Or call your insurance agent and have them run it. Just a thought.
Your thinking being that Ford would have reported the VINs stolen and it should show up on a CarFax?

HighHP

Reaction score
I would expect you would find out. If Ford were to send you a replacement, you would get a different VIN.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would expect you would find out. If Ford were to send you a replacement, you would get a different VIN.
Sure, then I'd eventually know. I'm more so wondering what happens in the middle. Does the truck sit in Built, Awaiting Shipping status for 5 months without a word because it has actually disappeared? Or does Ford reach out and say "something happened to your truck, you're being assigned a new VIN"?

B Scott

Reaction score
Or…would they take the recovered stolen truck to the body shop, make needed repairs and ship it with a quality control message stating they discovered and repaired a “minor issue”? I’m following

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or…would they take the recovered stolen truck to the body shop, make needed repairs and ship it with a quality control message stating they discovered and repaired a “minor issue”? I’m following
Probably some version of that if it was recovered in repairable condition. I’d be more worried about the un-PDI’d truck being ripped on my the criminals stealing them.