Stolen Raptor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
srobertslaw

srobertslaw

Reaction score
Update. Dallas PD recovered the truck and it was indeed a vin swap whereby they discovered the other truck to be…in Texas City. So to all the haters and mockers…your wrong. I’m going up there tomo to pick it up as the investigation hold was lifted and I withdrew my claim. Thanks to the people who were sincere. I have no reason or motive to make anything up, especially my profession. So bizarre why some people think that. Blew my mind. I don’t have time to troll. This thread is over. God bless n take the extra measures. I am.

OP
OP
srobertslaw

srobertslaw

Reaction score
And this is why I had Ravelco installed
Where did you get yours? I’m getting my plates and registration today and I’m going to get what you’re recommending. Thanks. They took my emp shield but I had new tires and a new battery so I was very happy when I got to the Dallas impound lot and found they were stI’ll there. It started rt up and I found it still runs like a champ.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where did you get yours? I’m getting my plates and registration today and I’m going to get what you’re recommending. Thanks. They took my emp shield but I had new tires and a new battery so I was very happy when I got to the Dallas impound lot and found they were stI’ll there. It started rt up and I found it still runs like a champ.
I live in Southwest Missouri and the only authorized Ravelco dealer near me is in Kansas City. They drove down to me (2.5hr drive) and installed it. There was no extra charge for travel. Go to https://www.ravelco.com/dealers.html and just find the closest dealer near you. There are more dealers in Texas than most states since they are HQ in Richmond TX.

OP
OP
srobertslaw

srobertslaw

Reaction score
I live in Southwest Missouri and the only authorized Ravelco dealer near me is in Kansas City. They drove down to me (2.5hr drive) and installed it. There was no extra charge for travel. Go to https://www.ravelco.com/dealers.html and just find the closest dealer near you. There are more dealers in Texas than most states since they are HQ in Richmond TX.
I did and have an appointment on Thursday. Thanks so much for responding.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor was stolen last weekend from a hotel parking lot in a very nice area of Houston, with a well-lit, fenced parking lot and a security guard. I have the whole thing on the hotel's security camera. It took less than 3 minutes start to finish. These guys were professionals - the horn alarm never sounded, and from the video nothing appeared wrong or nefarious. When they were ten minutes away, they pulled over on the shoulder of I-10 and disabled the GPS, and that was the last ping on the FordPass app. When the theft occurred (at 2:07 am), my Ford Pass app alerted a notification of door open and alarm triggered, but I didn't wake up.

The OP is correct on the absence of police action. There are 45-50 vehicles stolen every day in the City of Houston. The police officer that responded (2 hours after my call) told me they do not investigate or do anything else - he said "all we do is file away the report". They do nothing. He said they only way it would be recovered is if they find it abandoned, or they pull it over during the commission of another crime or traffic stop. The cop could not have cared less about the security video (which showed another car WITH a license plate), or where the truck's GPS last pinged, or any other evidence.

I had read about Raptor thefts in Houston and San Antonio, and obviously really wish I had installed Ravelco, or at least a tracking device, or hell even a damn club on the steering wheel (although I think they would've removed it in about 4 seconds).

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@OP, like others on here, I didn't follow your posts clearly, but can you post up the websites/places you found your Raptor posted for sale?

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was recommended, but why not throw a apple air tag or samsung air tag (android users) in the glove box or under a floor mat. No one stealing the truck is ever going to suspect that or look for something that looks like a quarter. Would solve a lot of issues. You dont have to tell anyone its in your truck and you can track it independently 24/7

I live in NYC and never thought about getting mine jacked but it could happen so I am going to take my own suggestion.

Edit: Friend in LI told me about a black G3 Raptor being stolen today

Last edited:

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was recommended, but why not throw a apple air tag or samsung air tag (android users) in the glove box or under a floor mat. No one stealing the truck is ever going to suspect that or look for something that looks like a quarter. Would solve a lot of issues. You dont have to tell anyone its in your truck and you can track it independently 24/7

I live in NYC and never thought about getting mine jacked but it could happen so I am going to take my own suggestion.

Edit: Friend in LI told me about a black G3 Raptor being stolen today
If you fold down the drivers side rear seat you could easily hide an air tag back there. Most people don’t know how to fold down that seat.