Stolen Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
From what I can tell from talking with my neighbor who's a cop, if you live in an area where there is some crime, domestic abuse, drug use, somewhere in the jurisdiction, they aren't going to give a dang about your front plate. If you put a 'Defund the Police' sticker on your vehicle, you can pretty much guarantee you'll be pulled over though.
The problem is that your neighbor doesn’t speak for, represent or accurately reflect the behavior of any officer/deputy in the department except him or herself.
They did you a favor. Front plates are stupid. I lived in MO for a couple years and never ran a front plate.
True. If they were such a great idea, how come motorcycles aren’t required to sport front plates?

Just a cautionary tale from your friendly neighborhood doomsayer. year and years ago I was tooling around in my 5.0 GT, stuck behind some slow moving 12 o’clock on a back road. I got impatient and passed them and was moving at a pace much closer to the speed limit than the now 6 o’clock slow mover, when a doe decided to jump in front of me. I was able to brake a little, and the damage wasn’t disabling, but it was there. front bumper, light assy. and hood.

After some fighting with insurance, I got a new bumper / cover but had no plate bracket mounts, so once the body shop cleared me, I resumed life, with the plate in the window pending mounting of my bracket and plate. I dawdled on the install, because... no reason, I was just lazy. MD S/P though have nothing better to do than 1) walk out into Interstate traffic to point at cars they want to stop -- for those of you not local to DMV, yes, in fact, they are THAT STUPID, and in fact do suffer injuries and death from this behavior and 2) find excuses to justify their existence. I got stopped for not having the plate displayed “in the proper place” explained, even had the body shop receipt, but in this trooper’s estimation it was too long a period of time.

Fun fact: That is a moving violation in MD, which translates to more cost to insure. I got a lawyer, got it reduced to an ‘improper equipment’(?) charge, to preserve my rates.

So, you may get away with not running a front plate, or you may not.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
50000 volts to the bolts haha Validation stickers get stolen around here.

Yes maybe some tamper proof bolts but that may **** the scumbag off and he'll tear it off. A friend used to leave his Ferrari unlocked in the condo underground - when he locked it, the ******* cut through the softop just to get inside and steal nothing.

It sucks but you'll just have to replace the plates. Maybe vanity plates that say IMATHEF lol
As soon as you put the new sticker on, score it in 2 directions with a knife. Impossible to get it off except in small pieces. Vegas **** made me start doing this.
I am sure you did this, but make sure you remove your back plate after the front has been reported stolen. No fun getting removed from your vehicle at Gun Point :)

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
That’s a good theory, you might be right. I am in no hurry to get a plate. Actually no hurry to go to the DMV.
Might try the single plate life for a while.
Front Plate citation is a chicken s><t ticket. Used for attitude adjustment, X-Felon enforcement or a lazy Officer looking to fill a Quota to get his Sgt off his /her Azzzzz. Same as Failure to Change address on DL or Registration.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As soon as you put the new sticker on, score it in 2 directions with a knife. Impossible to get it off except in small pieces. Vegas **** made me start doing this.
I am sure you did this, but make sure you remove your back plate after the front has been reported stolen. No fun getting removed from your vehicle at Gun Point :)
At gun point , ***, for no plate. Really, what part of crazy do you live in? Lol. Seems extreme to pull someone over and just start pointing your pistol at them, ha ha.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Report it as lost/stolen, and then you'll have a good excuse if/when pulled over, "I reported it lost or stolen (they'll know that) and I still haven't received the replacement plate. They must be on back order due to Covid?" Haha
TAKE OFF THE OTHER PLATE ONCE YOU REPORT ONE WAS STOLEN ;)
Your plate gets run by an Officer, returns with “Stolen Plate, do you have that vehicle, yes, occupied 2X, Code Red this channel, back up unit arrives, you are now the recipient of a Felony Car Stop. No Fun for anyone involved.
As someone stated above, their moms plate was stolen and then used on a vehicle in a Robbery. If mom had not been at home, she probably would been the recipient of a Felony Car Stop.
This is often caused by the Report taking Officer Not instructing the victim to remove the other LP and keep the report with them until they get a replacement plate issued.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
At gun point , ***, for no plate. Really, what part of crazy do you live in? Lol. Seems extreme to pull someone over and just start pointing your pistol at them, ha ha.
The Felony car stop wouldn’t be for the Front Plate violation. As stated above it would be as a result of 1. Plate is reported stolen 2. Said LP is then placed on a vehicle used in the commission of a Felony Crime 3. Plate is run through NCIC and returns as a Stolen LP connected to XYZ Felony Crime. 4. The occupants of the vehicle bearing the Stolen LP then get to experience the excitement of a Felony Car Stop.
Let’s hope that Officers are not doing Felony Car Stops with the only violation/PC being, No Front LP.
Although with the current hiring practices of some agencies trending towards discrimination of veterans or anyone with life experience other than X-Box and totally lacking in interpersonal skills…. It would not surprise me if in fact that does occur :(
The moral of the story, stay Off-Road as much as possible and if you are “Jacked-By-The-Man”…eat the dope, stash other contraband under your friends seat and swear it was all his, you had No Knowledge of his illegal activities.
Oh and if they find the **** in your pocket, exclaim wildly “These Are Not My Pants!!” :anitoof::Big Laugh::buttkick:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol...

Who is running around with a defund the police sticker? Christ.
A life long friend is the local police chief. Every now and then if I see him sitting in his car doing speed checks in town I'll roll my window down and yell, "DEFUND THE POLICE!!!" at him as I drive by. I definitely get :wtf2: looks from other people when I do it. :happy175: