Stolen Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I can tell from talking with my neighbor who's a cop, if you live in an area where there is some crime, domestic abuse, drug use, somewhere in the jurisdiction, they aren't going to give a dang about your front plate. If you put a 'Defund the Police' sticker on your vehicle, you can pretty much guarantee you'll be pulled over though.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol...

Who is running around with a defund the police sticker? Christ.

OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you report your plate lost/stolen?
Many years ago my mom had the cops show up at her door because the license plate it was stolen from her the day before was linked back to a bank robbery . Cops confirmed her identity and said yeah you’re not the person we’re looking for.
Yep, reported stolen as soon as I figured out it was missing.

In MO you can file for new plates for $6. I did that, and told them I only need one plate (form ask how many replacements you need). Within a few days they sent me 2 plates, the numbers looked like a match (at first quick glance). But I didn't have a front mount as it was ripped off with the plate. So I drove all across I-70 the last few weeks, from KC to Boulder, back to KC, over to St. Louis, etc. Saw many, many MO, KS and CO state troopers.

Finally got the front plate mount, installed the front plate so figured I am back to legal. Decided to go ahead a swap rear plate, that's when I noticed the numbers were slightly different - close but a few digits different. Suppose that's a coincidence, but the state sent me completely new plates. Guess I was illegal for a few weeks in several states. Woo hoo - I was an Outlaw and didn't even know it.