Stolen Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
At gun point , ***, for no plate. Really, what part of crazy do you live in? Lol. Seems extreme to pull someone over and just start pointing your pistol at them, ha ha.
This is the Wild West.. Our Cops have Guns and for that matter So Does Everyone Else!! Lol
Guns Scare me, I prefer a meaningful dialogue and using my Verbal Judo. A very beneficial class (Verbal Judo) 3 hrs of my Life I can Never MFING get back. :lolnono:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Felony car stop wouldn’t be for the Front Plate violation. As stated above it would be as a result of 1. Plate is reported stolen 2. Said LP is then placed on a vehicle used in the commission of a Felony Crime 3. Plate is run through NCIC and returns as a Stolen LP connected to XYZ Felony Crime. 4. The occupants of the vehicle bearing the Stolen LP then get to experience the excitement of a Felony Car Stop.
Let’s hope that Officers are not doing Felony Car Stops with the only violation/PC being, No Front LP.
Although with the current hiring practices of some agencies trending towards discrimination of veterans or anyone with life experience other than X-Box and totally lacking in interpersonal skills…. It would not surprise me if in fact that does occur :(
The moral of the story, stay Off-Road as much as possible and if you are “Jacked-By-The-Man”…eat the dope, stash other contraband under your friends seat and swear it was all his, you had No Knowledge of his illegal activities.
Oh and if they find the **** in your pocket, exclaim wildly “These Are Not My Pants!!” :anitoof::Big Laugh::buttkick:
Aaahh! Gotcha, trigger happy cops where you live, lol. Seriously though I get what you mean, better safe than sorry, point 12 guns at a Mom driving her kids to school. Than realize, “she’s not the burglar, nor the kids” “ thanks for your time miss” . Meanwhile a bunch of kids screaming with shorts full of ****, ha ha ha.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Felony car stop wouldn’t be for the Front Plate violation. As stated above it would be as a result of 1. Plate is reported stolen 2. Said LP is then placed on a vehicle used in the commission of a Felony Crime 3. Plate is run through NCIC and returns as a Stolen LP connected to XYZ Felony Crime. 4. The occupants of the vehicle bearing the Stolen LP then get to experience the excitement of a Felony Car Stop.
Let’s hope that Officers are not doing Felony Car Stops with the only violation/PC being, No Front LP.
So, if you get a felony stop for driving the car the plate and registration match something is definitely wrong. That is, the vehicle is not reported stolen, the plate is. While caution may be warranted, guns drawn is not.

I do get the point though and yeah, if you report the plates stolen, ground the vehicle until you secure new ones.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
So, if you get a felony stop for driving the car the plate and registration match something is definitely wrong. That is, the vehicle is not reported stolen, the plate is. While caution may be warranted, guns drawn is not.

I do get the point though and yeah, if you report the plates stolen, ground the vehicle until you secure new ones.
No need to ground the Vehicle Smurf. The Officer should tell you when he takes the report to remove the other Matching LP and return it to DMV. Keep a copy in the glove box, that will cover you until DMV issues a new set.
The Stolen LP will be entered into NCIC and the local jurisdictions CJIS.
Naturally Every Car Stop is different (Car stops, DV calls and Arrest situations are the leading causes of LOD Deaths) you obviously take the TOTALITY of the circumstances, ie: The LP returns Stolen but vehicle info matches what’s in front of you, 2019 Lighting Blue Raptor with Extremely Handsome, Elderly, RO (Registered Owner), a Felony car stop is obviously not warranted.
A gentleman above stated that he left his rear plate on after reporting Front LP stolen, Officer made a mistake. The gentleman was under the impression that they would just replace the stolen one with the same. No can do, those LP’s are dead.
If he believes the LP fell off, using his Raptor as intended:) , it would be indicated in the report and shown as such on the NCIC return upon the LP being run by an Officer on the road.
Many Stolen vehicles are recovered Felony arrests made by good Police work, plain old running LP’s. In a moment of free time, extremely rare now a days, Officers will drive through Flee Bag/ Known Felony harboring apartment complex’s, neighborhoods ext. running LP’s, many crimes are solved and New Friends made :)
Upon running the Stolen LP the Officers MDT in his vehicle will light up snd make all sorts of alarming, bothersome noises, indicating you have just hit bingo :), raising your blood pressure and your situational awareness. Usually before you get a chance to read about your “bingo”, Dispatch will tell you the “Hit” is on a Stolen LP, Not a stolen vehicle, since it’s extremely easier and safer for Dispatch to read the details, they would advise you, Plate stolen from a 2019 Lightning Blue blaa Blaa, I have a Blu…, different stop than, I have a black late model BMW. I hope this clears it up some. I understand your in CO Springs. A good friend of mine is a Commander there in the Patrol Division. His father was my NCOIC on the Army Shooting Team. A great man that I owe a lot, he was a 2nd father to me, as good a Good Ole Texas Boy you will ever have the honor of crossing paths with…