Stolen Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just noticed today my front plate has disappeared. Stolen! At least they didn’t damage the bumper.

In MO a front plate is required, sucks but IT’S THE LAW.

Even though it’s a Raptor, it figures I have what’s basically a black F150, probably the most common vehicle on US roads. My guess is it was bound to happen, thief’s like easy. Now some ****** is probably driving around in someone else’s truck (stolen) with my plate.

Anyway, after I get replacements I am looking for suggestions for mounting the new plate that might be a little more thief-proof. Anyone got any ideas?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
50000 volts to the bolts haha Validation stickers get stolen around here.

Yes maybe some tamper proof bolts but that may **** the scumbag off and he'll tear it off. A friend used to leave his Ferrari unlocked in the condo underground - when he locked it, the ******* cut through the softop just to get inside and steal nothing.

It sucks but you'll just have to replace the plates. Maybe vanity plates that say IMATHEF lol

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the police enforce the front plate rule in your area? NH is a two plate state but for the most part they left me alone. Two verbal warnings in 3 years. I got the sense the high end vehicle puts them at ease about it because they get it's for looks, not because of anything nefarious.

OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the police enforce the front plate rule in your area? NH is a two plate state but for the most part they left me alone. Two verbal warnings in 3 years. I got the sense the high end vehicle puts them at ease about it because they get it's for looks, not because of anything nefarious.
That’s a good theory, you might be right. I am in no hurry to get a plate. Actually no hurry to go to the DMV.
Might try the single plate life for a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update - I went with the Sto-and-Sho from CJ Pony, I have one on my Mustang and it's a quality part. It helps with security IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER, but the mounting position keeps the plate from blocking airflow better than any other center mounted options I saw out there.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you report your plate lost/stolen?
Many years ago my mom had the cops show up at her door because the license plate it was stolen from her the day before was linked back to a bank robbery . Cops confirmed her identity and said yeah you’re not the person we’re looking for.