Stolen - 2019 black CCSB - from driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how they did it.

Low tech pros use a stinger, basically a low profile tow truck with a hydraulic extension at near ground level that comes out, grabs the tires, lifts, and drives off. Popular with repo guys as well for obvious reasons. Take the truck a couple of blocks to a more private spot, load it on a flatbed or hook it to a proper tow, and off it goes. About the only thing you can do is lock your steering wheels all the way left or right when you park so that it won't drag straight, assuming you can't park somewhere secure or blocked in by other objects. Anything that slows them down makes it more likely they go jack someone else's stuff.

High tech pros use technology that grabs your fob's signature and duplicates it into a fob they have, then start it and drive as normal. This is a PITA to protect against, especially if you're in a high population density area.

Amateurs wait for someone to leave the keys in the vehicle or do 'rock rentals', in which they supply the owner with a small amount of drugs (crack being the old school choice, hence the name) in exchange for a set time period of use of their vehicle...and then just forget to bring it back.

OP
OP
R

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low tech pros use a stinger, basically a low profile tow truck with a hydraulic extension at near ground level that comes out, grabs the tires, lifts, and drives off. Popular with repo guys as well for obvious reasons. Take the truck a couple of blocks to a more private spot, load it on a flatbed or hook it to a proper tow, and off it goes. About the only thing you can do is lock your steering wheels all the way left or right when you park so that it won't drag straight, assuming you can't park somewhere secure or blocked in by other objects. Anything that slows them down makes it more likely they go jack someone else's stuff.

High tech pros use technology that grabs your fob's signature and duplicates it into a fob they have, then start it and drive as normal. This is a PITA to protect against, especially if you're in a high population density area.

Amateurs wait for someone to leave the keys in the vehicle or do 'rock rentals', in which they supply the owner with a small amount of drugs (crack being the old school choice, hence the name) in exchange for a set time period of use of their vehicle...and then just forget to bring it back.
Thanks, I still have both keys, don't do crack (maybe I should??) and didn't hear the alarm last night, so figure it must have been pros who pulled this off. Or maybe it was ET.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I still have both keys, don't do crack (maybe I should??) and didn't hear the alarm last night, so figure it must have been pros who pulled this off. Or maybe it was ET.

Are you close enough to any neighbors with cameras who may have caught something? Stingers are often mounted under Ford Super Duties (which may also be stolen). Seen any trolling your area at night?

OP
OP
R

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you close enough to any neighbors with cameras who may have caught something? Stingers are often mounted under Ford Super Duties (which may also be stolen). Seen any trolling your area at night?
Thanks that's a good question, and I discussed it with the RCMP officer who came to my house. Turns out, no one on my street has this kind of camera.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking when i do my fuse 27 upgrade (still original) to wire in a relay and kill switch . I have pulled fuel pump relays out of both trucks when i went on vacation and parked at the house. Wont help with a Stinger tow. That's happening in AZ too target brand new trucks with paper tags