Stock wheels and spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is the distance between the tire and the upper control arm/bushing.

Granted if sticking with stock tires there isn't much clearance where your talking, like 1.5", but there's even less distance between the control arm and tire, maybe 3/8-1/2".

With small chains/cables ran tight and a tire spacer one could easily make that work on the stock setup for the front. Cables preferred in this instance, less clearance required and easier to get tight.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you ran spacers with 35s it should work fine.

FYI for the spacer dummys who dont do research and only spew misinformation.
spacers are used at the highest level of desert racers, rally, autox, drifting, ect. the only reason they would ever break is because they were shit or whoever installed them was shit. just like anything else you put on your vehicle.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! keep me updated. that was the size i was considering going with

I got the 1.5" wheel spacers installed and the truck looks great. In my opinion, it makes the truck look much more aggressive without going too far. I also added the Husky mud guards to protect the side of the truck and they pretty much look like they came stock on the truck. The Bora spacers are very well made and had no negative driving effects like vibrations. noises, etc....

The only slight glitch was that I had to trim a portion of the front mud guards and a tiny sliver of inner wheel well plastic to prevent rubbing, but trust me, it was nothing major and nobody would ever be able to tell. You could probably go with a 1 inch spacer on the front and nobody would be able to tell and you would not have to do any trimming.

Attachments

• IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff-Ohio,
Those are some sticky tires...

Eddie

Your quote made me laugh. I really struggle when it comes to posting pictures. If they aren't too large to upload, they come up too small to easily view, or as you noted, upside down for crying out loud :).

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a quality aluminum 1/4" slide in (no adaptor) spacer with extended lug nuts?

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to reincarnate on old thread.
So if the stock Raptor offset is +34mm, then going to a 0 offset is 1.33 inches further out
So if I ordered a 34mm thick spacer then that would bring me out to a 0 offset wheel equivalent/ or 1.33 inches further out?

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I got the 1.5" wheel spacers installed and the truck looks great. In my opinion, it makes the truck look much more aggressive without going too far. I also added the Husky mud guards to protect the side of the truck and they pretty much look like they came stock on the truck. The Bora spacers are very well made and had no negative driving effects like vibrations. noises, etc....

The only slight glitch was that I had to trim a portion of the front mud guards and a tiny sliver of inner wheel well plastic to prevent rubbing, but trust me, it was nothing major and nobody would ever be able to tell. You could probably go with a 1 inch spacer on the front and nobody would be able to tell and you would not have to do any trimming.
Did you have to cut the factory studs at all?