Stock Wheels and aftermarket UCA's

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Putting closure to my quest. Posted in the What did you do today also. Finally got these installed, no rubbing with stock wheels and tires. These cannot be adjusted when on the truck, gotta tear down the suspension to make further adjustments.

082bcf057ee101360c9009881354bb5f.jpg

302ef1dcec6bdc1d15832f706f47eea4.jpg

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You think it would be possible to RTV a rubber cap over it? Just thinking that it would keep the debris out that way on the ball.

The bottom would still be exposed. Why would one on top be better or beneficial? (honest question, not being sarcastic).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

The bottom would still be exposed. Why would one on top be better or beneficial? (honest question, not being sarcastic).

Well I am no expert but I would think it is more likely that dirt, mud, dirty snow, etc could collect on top of the uniball and eventually creep its way down since it is an exposed moving part. Underneath would get dirty but nothing could literally sit on top of it. Have to keep an eye on it. With a cap would not have to worry about it as much but still a maintenance item.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buster096

Reaction score
^ thats the stuff you want to use. Don't use any oily lubricants because they will attract more dirt and crap into the uni's and can make them wear even faster.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The WD-40 is a good idea for winter. I use electrical grease and liquid Teflon on mine. I keep the Teflon $5 squeeze bottle from Lowe's in my driver side door and hit the UCA abs tie rods every few weeks.

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize for your Raptor.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

The UCA's and Tie Rods will definitely let you know when they need to be lubed. Your truck will start to sound like an old busted ass chevy when turning if they need lubrication lol. And mine seem to be the same as yours...roughly once a month seems to be about when they need a squirt of lubricant.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Okay, today I took off my front wheels to do some cleaning, sprayed the shocks with Bioshield T9 and put on the ICON shock covers. Well to my disbelief, the Rogue UCA's are hitting the coilovers on the ICON 3.0's at full droop. No idea how much further it can droop or how much down travel I am loosing. Plus this is going to tear up the ICON covers that I still went ahead and put on. Well shit. I am thinking now that I should have went with a tubular design UCA like camburg or total chaos. Hope this helps someone else out...

d381eec549cebb756c92f1a6155e9d78.jpg

8cdfa1288ae2c948d4df066b7d66d359.jpg

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow man that sucks, side note, those icon sleeves are sweet, I have them...they're real nice. Wonder if icon or rogue can chime in, see if they can help you out with the issue.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...