Stock Wheels and aftermarket UCA's

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who installed the 3.0's? How did they not see that when they installed them and let you know it was an issue then. You really should not have to find out by working on your truck yourself after the fact

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Who installed the 3.0's? How did they not see that when they installed them and let you know it was an issue then. You really should not have to find out by working on your truck yourself after the fact

They were installed before Raptoberfest and at that time I had the factory UCA's. I just had the Rogue UCA's ones installed this month by a local shop. And yes I wish they would of called and told me otherwise I would of not had them finish installing them. Its not an off-road type shop so perhaps they didn't know what to look for but I am still calling them on Monday and already sent Ryan at Rogue an email as well. I believe they sell King 3.0's in their kits so wondering if they have this issue or are all 3.0's the same in dimensions thus being an issue with all?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats worse then I though then. So the UCA was the last to be installed and they did not inform you.

Find it hard for the shop even if they are not a off road shop to miss the UCA impacting when it droops. Full compression issue I can see them missing but droop not so much.

I was going to ask if the Springs on the icons were larger than that of the Kings and Fox coil overs. As that is seems like the only thing it could be. Your UCA is adjustable on its ends, how far turned out are they?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thats worse then I though then. So the UCA was the last to be installed and they did not inform you.

Find it hard for the shop even if they are not a off road shop to miss the UCA impacting when it droops. Full compression issue I can see them missing but droop not so much.

I was going to ask if the Springs on the icons were larger than that of the Kings and Fox coil overs. As that is seems like the only thing it could be. Your UCA is adjustable on its ends, how far turned out are they?

I had the shop initially put then out 1/2" farther than stock and they said they could not get it aligned within spec. So they had to take it all apart and redo. It is currently close to stock length right now.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the shop initially put then out 1/2" farther than stock and they said they could not get it aligned within spec. So they had to take it all apart and redo. It is currently close to stock length right now.

Did rogue provide their specs? I know icon had specific recommendations. The dealership knocked mine out of alignment doing a tire rotation, no clue how. I gave them shit about it but in he end, no sense in letting them touch it since they'd just **** it up more.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Did rogue provide their specs? I know icon had specific recommendations. The dealership knocked mine out of alignment doing a tire rotation, no clue how. I gave them shit about it but in he end, no sense in letting them touch it since they'd just **** it up more.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

This is what they sent me and I provided to shop. They said they tried and they even tried with lowers pushed all the way out and it would not align.

1/2" out more than stock at mid perch or with aftermarket shocks (set to leveled truck look.) The alignment tech definitely must be very accurate when measuring the stock uca 3 points
-Center of ball joint
-2 bolt centers
This should take up to 3 tries to get it right. Also caster should be set at 3.5* degrees or even a little more up to 5* even though stock calls for 2.5* - 3.25*

M. Luis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were installed before Raptoberfest and at that time I had the factory UCA's. I just had the Rogue UCA's ones installed this month by a local shop. And yes I wish they would of called and told me otherwise I would of not had them finish installing them. Its not an off-road type shop so perhaps they didn't know what to look for but I am still calling them on Monday and already sent Ryan at Rogue an email as well. I believe they sell King 3.0's in their kits so wondering if they have this issue or are all 3.0's the same in dimensions thus being an issue with all?

Any update from Rogue on why the Icons rub? And if they experience this with other 3.0s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Any update from Rogue on why the Icons rub? And if they experience this with other 3.0s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I addressed this in the other thread but ICON coilovers are apparently larger in diameter than Fox or King. Rogue told me they are redesigning these UCA's to be triangular instead of square to clear all aftermarket coilovers that are used on Raptors. They are supposed to swap them out for me. Also said they would have it ready with plenty of time to get them installed in time for TRR 2015. We will see....