Stock vs Modified Suspension Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys! Everyone always what kind of performance gains you see with suspension modifications, but unfortunately there are never any back-to-back comparisons of mods versus stock, all other factors the same.

With an opportunity to ride in a friend's souped-up Gen 2 at Texplex a few weeks ago, I was able to make a video comparing my stock truck vs Lance's modified one hitting the same obstacles on the same day. The only difference (other than listed mods) was the wheelbase, as I have a SuperCab.

Enjoy!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the video...Ride quality can be subjective. I'm running stock shocks all the way around, the fronts seem a little too soft for bigger hits, and the stock rear leaf pak is too soft also when doing bigger hits, or when carrying a chase rack loaded out with spares and tools...
Swapped in a set of Deavers, getting rid of the stock compression bumpers for a set of SVC/Fox 2.0" IFP bumps...the rear end is working pretty darn good with the stock shocks now and the frt shocks got a Camburg 1-1/2" spring spacer adding a little stiffness....pretty happy right no and still rides great on the street...

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the video...Ride quality can be subjective. I'm running stock shocks all the way around, the fronts seem a little too soft for bigger hits, and the stock rear leaf pak is too soft also when doing bigger hits, or when carrying a chase rack loaded out with spares and tools...
Swapped in a set of Deavers, getting rid of the stock compression bumpers for a set of SVC/Fox 2.0" IFP bumps...the rear end is working pretty darn good with the stock shocks now and the frt shocks got a Camburg 1-1/2" spring spacer adding a little stiffness....pretty happy right no and still rides great on the street...

Yeah, I agree about the stock fronts burning through quickly on big hits, then rebounding hard to compensate. Evident in the exterior footage I'll have up in a week or two. But small price to pay considering how well rounded they are.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool video, love to see some more.

What settings is your buddy rolling for his 3.0'd

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool video, love to see some more.

What settings is your buddy rolling for his 3.0'd

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Thanks! That's the plan. Next time I'm hoping to ride in a few 2019s, and of course other modified trucks. Hopefully will have an assortment of these kinds of videos, eventually.

He hasn't adjusted the rears, and tightened up the fronts "3 clicks and one revolution."

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great vid, would love to see it from the side through the same sections to see what the truck is actually doing vs. what it looks like in the cab. I did a comparison vid with my I-phone (low quality) and the one inside the truck sounds and looks like im jumping off a cliff. The outside one from the side looks smooth as hell, almost looks boring..lol..

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great vid, would love to see it from the side through the same sections to see what the truck is actually doing vs. what it looks like in the cab. I did a comparison vid with my I-phone (low quality) and the one inside the truck sounds and looks like im jumping off a cliff. The outside one from the side looks smooth as hell, almost looks boring..lol..

if you go to the Texplex park facebook page, you can see me running the triple jump section and Lance getting a jump or two in. The photographer should be getting me the HD footage in a few days, so I hope to have another video similar to that soon.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is your feedback on TexPlex? Hoping to make it out there soon?

Best place I've run so far. I love TRR and Rally Ready, but this is in its own league as far as dedicated running. TRR is a bit more scenic, and more of an experience, and Rally Ready specializes in driving lessons (which they are great at), but TexPlex specializes in being a top-tier track, and they are good at it.

I've got a lap up on my youtube channel of the most recent event. Hoping to have the highlight video up in a few days at the latest.