Stock Shocks Done.....Want Fox 3.0

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by specsniper, Apr 14, 2017.

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. HORN HIGH ACES

HORN HIGH ACES Full Access Member

The progressive springs give the truck much more of a planted feel when going over pot holes and expansion joints. Before, my truck would "jump" to the side when hitting an expansion joint on the slightest curve, but the rebuilt shocks with flutter stack and new springs have reduced it dramatically.
    Wheel hop has been reduced to basically nothing as well.

Geiser Bros front coil springs are $500 and the Deaver rear leaf springs go for about $1300. If you don't have an aftermarket rear bump stop kit, you'll also need the SDHQ factory bump stop strike pad replacement kit which will run another $200.

BRAAAPTR and bosssho like this.
  2. bosssho

bosssho Full Access Member

Thanks Man...so that sounds like the "Package" to get.

Would you stay low or go Mid Perch with that set up?

3. HORN HIGH ACES

I stayed on low perch which rides at about the same height as mid perch with OEM springs. I know some people are running Geiser springs with mid perch, but I didn't really want to raise up the front end any higher. With +2 Deavers, my truck sits 1 to 1.5 inches higher in the back.

4. bosssho

bosssho Full Access Member

Ok, so still a slight RAKE to your truck w/the back being higher, but the front is also higher due to the springs...

Overall, handling though...on a scale of 1-10...how much better?

My thing is I don't want to raise the center of Gravity at all and lose any of the cornering stability over uneven terrain or like you mentioned road imperfections or bridge transitions, etc...

Thanks again.

5. HORN HIGH ACES

Just to clarify, the +2 Deavers ride at approx factory height since the factory block is removed. My truck sits at almost exactly the same height on all 4 corners as it did with the OEM set up at mid perch.

Handling on the shitty roads we have here in Colorado went from about a 3-4 to a 7-8.

6. FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero Full Access Member

just went from stock, blown, shocks up front now im around mid to top perch on the 3.0s, it feels way more planted in the short drive ive took in it so far, going off of curbs on to the steeet (3 or 4 inch drop) would have previously of felt like the whole truck just shuttered and you would feel it hard and the truck would sway side to side for a while, went over the bump today felt firm, but not jarring or rough as last time, no sway afterwards and no more rubbing with my 37s. i like em

Last edited: May 31, 2017