Stock Shocks Done.....Want Fox 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

specsniper

Reaction score
As the title reads I am in the market for Fox 3.0s and wondering if these shocks ever go on sale. Having a hard time coming to grips with the expense. I don't do a lot of off road work and considered a rebuild of the stock but I keep coming back to I could use that rebuild money towards a better shock. Is it OK to do the fronts first then wait a few months to replace the rear shocks?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I mean if you're planning on tossing them then yeah it'll be fine.

Some things to know though, I drove with mine blown out and one of the weirdest/most uncomfortable things was turning anywhere that there was bumps, the truck would almost always start hopping a bit and the front would drift out wide in the turn. It's disconcerting. You'll also get that 'on a boat' feeling if you hit some offset bumps at highway speeds, the truck will rock back and forth a bit.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rode in a truck with stock shocks rebuilt by werebuildshocks.com they had a flutter stack and some other touches. If you don't offroad much have them do a rebuild/tune and save your $$ for some bumps when you do play in the dirt.

I'm not sure if Fox's go on sale, but Fox and King (maybe Icon) have a big production delay right now, 2-3 months. I saw someone in another thread mention that it's a seasonal thing.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
These guys also make shocks and I know a guy who is a rep for them. They're good stuff, but everyone likes to take ADS and make it into AiDS. Drop me a line if they're something you might be interested in. Just another option anyhow.

ADS Racing Shocks - Off Road Racing Suspension

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a mild suspension upgrade with rebuilt OEM shocks from werebuildshocks.com and I added progressive springs front and back at the same time. It's made a huge difference driving around town and I can't wait to try it out off road.

The cost should be about half of what you would spend on 3.0s.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did a mild suspension upgrade with rebuilt OEM shocks from werebuildshocks.com and I added progressive springs front and back at the same time. It's made a huge difference driving around town and I can't wait to try it out off road.

The cost should be about half of what you would spend on 3.0s.

What springs did you go with? I think im also going this route. Cant justify the 3.0 cost to the wife but need my shit rebuilt

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
consider the cost of rebuild to cost of 3.0, (not far off). 3.0's are a huge noticeable improvement especially off road. loved my 2.5's, but the 3.0's make the 2.5's their bitch.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What springs did you go with? I think im also going this route. Cant justify the 3.0 cost to the wife but need my shit rebuilt

I went with Geiser Bros springs up front and Deaver +2 leaf springs in the rear. I also had werebuildshocks.com do the flutter stack on all 4 shocks. Fronts are on low perch which is approx the same ride height as mid perch with OEM springs. The rear stayed at approx factory height with the Deaver's since the block that's used with the OEM leaf springs gets removed. SDHQ has a kit to replace the factory bump stop strike pad (which is part of the factory block) if you don't have an aftermarket bump stop kit.