Stock Setup Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I initially got my Raptor a few weeks ago it had an aftermarket wheel that I had the dealer replace with the upgraded Ford Forged beadlocks. The aftermarket setup had the stock tires on it and they were set around 38 PSI. I believe when they swapped out the wheels they just kept the tires on from whatever vehicle they took them off of (which is fine as they were brand new and still had the manufacturing marking lines on them). However the PSI is not 46-48. What is the correct pressure to be running a daily driver at on stock tires with the forged bead locks?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
38 PSI is the door placard / owners manual recommended pressure for stock tires, stock wheels on a Rap. The ride may be a little harsh at that pressure, and there are a lot of folks running slightly lower pressure. I’ll run 38/37 on trips where economy is more of a concern, but tooling around I’m good with about 36-37 front, 34-35 rear.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 46-48 psi most of us see at delivery is that way to stabilize the trucks on rail cars. A firm tire will not bounce as much in transit reducing the potential for damage. especially on a truck with so much suspention travel as the raptor.

Inept dealer deliver process is to blame for the 46-48 deliveries, The tires should be aired down to door jam specs of 38 at delivery.

I run 38 front and 34 rear.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With lower pressure, do you find that you're gas mileage decreases?

That is why i keep the fronts at 38. Lowering the rears keeps the back end planted and less jumpy on highway expansion joints ...especially when in a curve.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t believe it until I tried it. 38 psi front and 34 psi rear. Haven’t noticed a change in mileage but ride quality is much better.