Stock order vs. Retail build dates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wc901

Reaction score
So I am curious to see how build dates trend in stock vs. retail orders. My order was a stock order with an 11/11 order date. I was able to make changes to it so that it was ordered the way I wanted it. My initial build date was 2/8 and has now been pushed to a build week of 4/4 according to FP. So what was your order type: stock or retail?, order date, and current build week. Also curious to see how this lines up with price increases.

Yeetyodeler

Reaction score
I have a retail order placed on 12/8, confirmation, no VIN or build date. I put a deposit on a stock order that was placed in October, build week of 3/7 pushed back to 3/21. The stock order had pricing locked in after Blue Cruise price drop and before MSRP increase.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer 37pp that was ordered 11 days after my 801a 35 got a build date two weeks earlier than mine. HOWEVER, theirs says ETA 5/10 and mine says 3/9 so who knows?

Yeetyodeler

Reaction score
How did you lock in pricing?from what I have gathered stock orders are not price protected.
I have a signed purchase agreement. If they don’t honor it I’m just gonna wait for the ordered one I guess.

DaveInFL

Reaction score
Question on buying a stock order. Dealer sent over specifics on a 10/8 stock order that was still available with a VIN at the previous MSRP prior to the recent price increase. Once I agree to the deal, does it remain a stock order or become a retail order?

Tabasco519

Reaction score
So I am curious to see how build dates trend in stock vs. retail orders. My order was a stock order with an 11/11 order date. I was able to make changes to it so that it was ordered the way I wanted it. My initial build date was 2/8 and has now been pushed to a build week of 4/4 according to FP. So what was your order type: stock or retail?, order date, and current build week. Also curious to see how this lines up with price increases.
So the big thing with the stock order vs retail order is that when there is a price increase the stock order will not be price protected. Furthermore, Ford is giving precedence to retail orders over stock orders. But if you have a VIN and a build date yours is coming soon.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the big thing with the stock order vs retail order is that when there is a price increase the stock order will not be price protected. Furthermore, Ford is giving precedence to retail orders over stock orders. But if you have a VIN and a build date yours is coming soon.
"soon" take it with a grain of salt!

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer 37pp that was ordered 11 days after my 801a 35 got a build date two weeks earlier than mine. HOWEVER, theirs says ETA 5/10 and mine says 3/9 so who knows?
Dealer's still has an ETA of 5/10. I've had mine for 2 1/2 weeks now.