Stock Order vs Customer Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could a dealer order a stock order exactly the way I would like my truck to be instead of a customer order? My order data seemed like it may have been a stock order and its got me wondering if I will get mine in the first batch prior to the later custom order build dates?
Thoughts?
Dennis

OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i know, dealer stock is usually the fully loaded all options truck. but i would check with randy

Minus stickers, thats exactly what I ordered. My order priority is 25 and my order type is 2. I thought customer orders would have a better priority?
Dennis

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not according to the ford guys here. from what i have read, they are going to make dealer stock first, and then start processing special orders. i read somewhere that the first order build was going to be in late september.

but all you ford guys can correct me if i am wrong

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's only a week to ten day between stock and order deliverys. Stock orders are first so that quality and fit and finish can be checked.no one likes many miles on there ordered truck even for quality.the first stock trucks will have upto 50 on them for quality checks.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minus stickers, thats exactly what I ordered. My order priority is 25 and my order type is 2. I thought customer orders would have a better priority?
Dennis

An O/T 2 priority 25, IS A " For Dealer Stock" order. PERIOD
It really does not matter much, and might actully get built First. But could/can be held up @ Dearborn Plant for quaility controll ?? And sit for OK TO SHIP/SELL.

An O/T 1 is a Pre-Sold "Retail" Order, and will carry a priority 10-19

randy

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An O/T 2 priority 25, IS A " For Dealer Stock" order. PERIOD
It really does not matter much, and might actully get built First. But could/can be held up @ Dearborn Plant for quaility controll ?? And sit for OK TO SHIP/SELL.

An O/T 1 is a Pre-Sold "Retail" Order, and will carry a priority 10-19

randy

Thanks Randy, I guess its good news bad news. Good news is I could be closer to the Job 1 date as my order is a stocking order, bad news is if there are any issues I could be held up.

I got about half as good deal as I could have got going through you, but the dealership said I should see my truck in the late September or October time frame, mainly because I pushed them on not wanting to wait until 2013. I wonder if they ordered like this because of the way I pushed them.

Either way again thanks for the info.
Dennis

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
salesman gave me a 12 and told me it's highest priority. from info here I suppose that's not true