Stock KO2 Tire Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at 34k and tires still look decent.
Will likely make it to 50k.

The exact same situation with me .... 33K and plenty of tread left. I am admittedly not very hard on tires other than frequently cruising around 80 MPH, but they are wearing fine for me. That said, I do rotate them every 5K miles and at least one tire needs to be rebalanced at each rotation which is disappointing.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine rotated at 13,000 miles. First rotation was at 6,400. I still have 11/32" tread on all four corners - looks like I need to drive a little more aggressively... All 4 were out of balance but appeared to be wearing evenly. I run 36 lbs. on the road and the centers were wearing evenly with the outsides of the tread.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just over 14000 on mine, they are doing great so far. Rotate them every 5000. Not sure if I will go with them again though. The only issue i have is they love to grap a lot of rocks and pepper the truck.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24k and while there is plenty of tread depth they've become annoyingly loud. And yes, rotated multiple times. Disappointed.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
24k and while there is plenty of tread depth they've become annoyingly loud. And yes, rotated multiple times. Disappointed.

That is trademark BFG right there. 10k and they start howling and in general go down the drain. Kinda glad mine won't last past 35k honestly.

Sounds like a lot of you might not be maintaining your tires very well. Rotations EVERY 5k miles, checking pressure every 2-3 weeks, and respecting the load capacity and speed ratings are all necessary to maintain your tires properly.

I have 27k on my factory tires and still ~40% tread depth. I expect to get 45-50k out of them. Yes, I do quite a bit of offroading and a few burnouts here and there. Drove the truck from Detroit to Moab and back for Easter Jeep Safari (hit a bunch of trails and rock crawling), play in the sand dunes twice a month, hit up rocky trails in the UP of Michigan, and tons of road trips. Tires still look and feel great, no complaints here.

Perhaps the tire quality is not consistent with the K02's? Who knows...

I ran 38 psi first 10k, rotated every five, and got horrible wear (overinflated). Since then been running 36f 32r (less offroad obviously) and it is better, but not great. Did 14 miles at Rally Ready last month and lost 3/32s off the rears.

Last edited:

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21k on stock tires, look ok so far but like others mentioned have gotten pretty annoyingly loud! Thinking about Toyos

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the thing about ko2 is that they are soft. softer than the other tires i have tried. i have been through 6 sets of tires this year. the first set of ko2 lasted 3200 miles. the second about 3000 miles. falken wildpeaks got me to 4000 miles. i have extensively tested a couple sets of tires for a tire manufacturer this year since my driving habits are a bit extreme. and compared the different brands to each other.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing about ko2 is that they are soft. softer than the other tires i have tried. i have been through 6 sets of tires this year. the first set of ko2 lasted 3200 miles. the second about 3000 miles. falken wildpeaks got me to 4000 miles. i have extensively tested a couple sets of tires for a tire manufacturer this year since my driving habits are a bit extreme. and compared the different brands to each other.

Off-roading?