Stock Front Shock Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the process of removing all my shocks starting at 5am this morning to send to m3dragon for rebuild. The rears were super easy. Both were removed in 40 mins. But the front I am not sure...

1. I removed the UCA, tie rod, and sway bar nuts. On the driver's side, the sway bar nut will not come out. It loosened a little bit and now just spins. How can I fix this?

2. Also, holy hell I didn't know what I was expecting out of the lower shock bolt. I can't get that sucker off. I already broke one of my breaker bars. Any suggestions?

3. The upper shock bolt is just 1 nut in the center that I need to unscrew right? Or do I have to unscrew the 3 nuts on the upper spacer?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy shit bro! I haven't done it either, but don't you need a spring compressor to relieve the pressure first before you do. Anything.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an extra set of shocks that I purchased and they include the top collar with the 3 bolts and nuts, so I'm guessing take those off and. Not the single nut off of the shock.

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Where's the experts at? At TRR already?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the sway bad take a crescent wrench on the nut and drive the bolt with a wrachet and socket should be 8 or 10mm.

Do not remove the center bolt you will have a very bad day.

For the lower bolt a 20" breaker bar should be more than enough or a high quality impact.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the upper shock mount nuts off. Thanks guys for confirming which ones needed to come off.

To disconnect the tie rod and UCA, should I just take a hammer to them? I removed the nuts already I just don't know how to break them loose and don't want to damage anything.