Stock front bumper v.s. aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The front frame horns are definitely cut down to fit that bumper, just compared my stock truck vs the Raptor. If I got a stock front bumper bumper and the SDHQ winch plate I'd have to weld on new front frame horns, so it may just be better to stick with this setup and modify it. Are all the aftermarket steel bumpers done this way or is it just the pre-runner bumpers? It definitely seems like with cutting them back you get much more reinforcement.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any pre-runner style front bumpers that allow a winch? I'd like to have one, but if I can't with a cut front end I'll just have to go without it.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can put a winch in that bumper...

You’ll need to cut a slot in the skid and build a custom winch mount. Also going to need to do some research on specific winches since you’ll need the one with the most power and the smallest size.

there is still a ton of room behind that bumper. You will just need to measure 1000 times and get a mount fabricated...

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just went out and looked at mine. The only thing that you might have to get creative with is the trans cooler lines. May need to extend them to go around the winch.

but definitely plenty of room

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
everything done to your truck so far is not recommended by ford.

This is a little different, you're cutting or welding onto an extremely structural piece of the truck. I think the reason is because it was heat treated and doing such would weaken the frame. We are talking lots of drilling and welding to mount a set of rock sliders on a supercrew truck.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a little different, you're cutting or welding onto an extremely structural piece of the truck. I think the reason is because it was heat treated and doing such would weaken the frame. We are talking lots of drilling and welding to mount a set of rock sliders on a supercrew truck.

this is your bumper thread lol. im talking about a winch mount for your bumper...

that being said welding to the frame arguably only makes it stronger.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is your bumper thread lol. im talking about a winch mount for your bumper...

that being said welding to the frame arguably only makes it stronger.

I was talking about doing rock sliders, the front of the frame isn't where I'm worried about. Either way I'll have to do some custom work it seems.