Stock Fox shock assembly - need parts info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcbagpiper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My Raptor came with a set of 3.0 Kings and I'm looking to re-install a set of OEM Fox shocks. I've purchased a set of front and rear shocks to be rebuilt, but I need to source the other parts for the front assembly. I found the part diagram, but have one question that I'm hoping someone can answer. Part AL3Z-18183-A, which is the mounting bracket on the top of the front shock assembly - do I need 1 of these for each shock, or 2 for each shock?

Based on the parts diagram it's just 1 per shock, but I noticed in some threads and pictures that people have posted they appear to have 2. Anyone with insight on whether it's 1 per side or 2 per side?

Here's the part highlighted in the diagram:

1643643415154.png

And here's a picture of an OEM assembly showing 2 of these plates. Ignore the blue spacer this individual appears to have installed, there are clearly 2 of the black plates.

1643643861143.png

If it is 2 per side, then do you install one between the shock and the strut tower and one on top of the tower before you put the 3 bolts on?

Attachments

• 1643643726664.png
    1643643726664.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
OP
OP
M

mcbagpiper

Reaction score
The installation video posted by Forged Offroad also appears to show one of the brackets between the shock and the tower and a 2nd on top of the tower. Just seems odd they don't show 2 per side in the "official" parts diagram.