Stock Forged Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@the1russ Foose wheels are just MHT parts. No different than a Niche, Fuel, Rotiform, US Mag etc... Technically nothing has to be DOT approved, until it does.

the1russ

Reaction score
sorry about heading off on a tangent. I had been reluctant to run true-beadlocks because I had heard they were illegal on the street. But then did a bunch of googling and couldn't actually find any statute that said they were. So when I see/hear someone say they're illegal, I'm interested to learn their source. Wasn't trying to be accusatory or anything.

Best info I found was New Manufacturers Handbook - from the National Highway Transportation Safety Association, NHTSA, and their FMVSS 110 regulations on "rims" for vehicles with a GVWR less than 10,000 lbs. it's kind of a dry read as you might imagine... https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...ed91e90f816b574&node=se49.6.571_1110&rgn=div8

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just retired from the LAPD as a Supervisor in charge of all the maintenance of their large fleet of motorcycles and know almost all 250 motor cops...and not a single one knows anything about BL wheels used on the street. There maybe a DOT wheel description that covers the BL wheel under some umbrella stature, but not mentioning the wheel directly...
I replaced my beauty rings with ones from Ford Performance that were powder coated...yes they simply bolt on and off..

20180505_110544.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only reason you really need beadlocks is to air down. i rolled my first raptor in pismo when i was on beadlocks. but with all my driving in the rockies i have yet to find a trail where i needed to air down so low. and if i did find one, my truck sure as hell wouldnt make it since the trails are usually for crawlers. and we all know the raptor cant crawl due to the size of it.

the1russ

Reaction score
I would agree. I was "support" for friends racing in the 2017 Sonora Rally and thought it would be fun to run the Raptor in their Safari class. Got the bead lock rings just for the occasion. Close to 800 miles at 12-15 psi without issue.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go in the sand a lot then getting the FP beadlock rings is not a bad idea. That's what I did. They are not DOT approved so technically you can get ticketed for them. My Raptor is not a daily driver so if I know I'm going into the dunes/sand I'll air down to like 18-20psi and sometimes it stays that way for a few days before I air back up. The area I live in is chock full of Jeeps and crawlers and rock bouncers and stuff so no one really pays any mind to if you have beadlocks or not. Just make sure you retorque your beadlock rings periodically for safety reasons.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Almost a must if you hit the dunes. 12PSI and beadlock to keep from popping a bead on the transitions.