Stock exhaust video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Putting myself out there with this comment but stock for stock, the Gen2 sounds more aggressive from the factory than the Gen1.

I won't argue that. You can tell they definitely tried to make it sound agressive. My stock G1 definitely was more muffled.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all are crazy. That sounds like crap compared to the Gen 1. More power and turbo's are great, but I can still have a V8... Just my honest opinion. :biggrin:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You all are crazy. That sounds like crap compared to the Gen 1. More power and turbo's are great, but I can still have a V8... Just my honest opinion. :biggrin:

Tizz and I aren't saying it sounds BETTER. We're saying it sounds more uncorked and aggressive. Like ford actually tried to get some sound out of it (as bad as it is). The Gen1s were pretty muffled right off the showroom floor. Talking stock vs stock here.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think they intentionally or unintentionally "made one sound gnarlier than the other", I attribute the Gen2s more agro note to the dual exhaust being more open and less restrictive. So put your measuring sticks back in your pocket protector.

Sounds like a corvette with a borla exhaust if you ask me, Either way it's baaaaaad to the bone: small print - For a 6cylinder, from the manufacturer, outside the cab (inside you u might as well be driving a taco).

<mopes back to my old antiquated v8 marine/boat motor>

Last edited:

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying the Gen 2 sounds bad because it is a bad ass truck, just think that comparing that sound to a Gen 1 V8 with stock exhaust is no comparison. I guess I am just partial to the Gen 1 sound. Have always loved the rumble, in the 5.4 and the 6.2. Have had them both. I did get to see my first Gen 2 in the wild yesterday in Virginia Beach. Sure was purty.

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying the Gen 2 sounds bad because it is a bad ass truck, just think that comparing that sound to a Gen 1 V8 with stock exhaust is no comparison. I guess I am just partial to the Gen 1 sound. Have always loved the rumble, in the 5.4 and the 6.2. Have had them both. I did get to see my first Gen 2 in the wild yesterday in Virginia Beach. Sure was purty.

I traded my 2014 SCREW Raptor for a 2017 SCREW Raptor and the one thing I miss is the sound....there are times that can't tell if my G2 is running....but besides the sound, which is still the BIGGEST thing I miss, the G2 is AWESOME!!!!