Stock BFG tread life?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely varies per user and their usage. I'm almost entirely on-road driving with my main off-road adventures coming during hunting season in the form of higher speeds down firebreaks in baja mode. With my usage, I'm at 37k on factory BFG's and looking to hit 40-45k before swapping them out for another set I just ordered while on sale. I am having some of the odd wear in which the edge blocks are wearing every other block both front and rear which I'm guessing is from not keeping up on balancing.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
44K on my OEM and still haven't used the spare.
50K warranty, so I'll get 3 new ones next month probably and keep the best for the spare.

Reaction score
My local tire shop told me once that the quality is incredibly inconsistent. They don't like to sell them unless the customer insists on them bc they're sick of getting complaints.

RaptorIce

Reaction score
You got lucky. I can’t get 20k out of a set. After this 3rd set I am done with them, this last set only lasted 15k. Got me some Falken Wild peaks coming to discount tire this weekend.
Are you putting the Falken on stock rims?

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only share my personal experience with KO2s, you mileage may vary.

KO2s are garbage, let me explain:

1. They are one of the highest priced brands but can’t compete with tread life among their peers.

2. KO2s measure MUCH smaller than advertised sidewall sizing (35s are barely 33” tall mounted)

3. My set lasted 25k miles before a tread depth of 3/32”.

4. They don’t wear evenly after 10k or so miles even with frequent road force balancing (lifetime through America tire so I’d take them every 3,000 to rotate and balance).

5. BFG is a cult following and nothing more. Tires 1/2 the price are twice as good, ask me how I know.

Photo attached shows a 35” KO2 with 25k miles next to a 35” General Grabber AT with 2k miles. You be the judge.

Attachments

• 4A89A77D-0526-4D32-B29C-BB2B73CBFB03.jpeg
    4A89A77D-0526-4D32-B29C-BB2B73CBFB03.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 81

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put me in the 'not a fan' camp with the KO2's. I'm at 28k, have severe cupping issues even with 5k rotations/multiple balances and can now 'feel' the tires chugging/vibrating through the steering wheel. Starting around 20k they got noticeably louder too which even my GF mentioned. Got to the point where I try to avoid 74-76mph because they howl at that speed.

Looking a Nitto Recon Grapplers to replace them but trying to get your hands on a set is holding me back.

Allan A

Reaction score
I have about 46k miles and want to replace. I like the look of the K02, what tire would someone recommend to replace.

Don Albares

Reaction score
Have 30K on mine! I run nitrogen in them, rotate every other oil change and mine aren't close to looking worn. I've been a Toyo guy for years prior to my Raptor. I have no issues with these stock tires at all.

pjbeats

Reaction score
I personally will only do Open Country or Nitto Trail Grapplers. Love the aggressive treads. Wear well in my opinion. KO2’s look like car tires kinda??

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get 67k on the original tires. I have a 2014SCAB run 36-38psi & rotate them every 5k. There was plenty of meat left on them but I replaced them this fall because the winters in Southern New England can be ugly & was thinking I’d be shopping for a new truck this year… so might as well enjoy a few miles on the new set before I got rid of it.

I regularly drive 80mph on the highway & was running around on logging roads in Maine the first few years I had it. Not hard off roading & No issues.

I’m partial to them because it’s tough to find a snow rated A/T tire. Think the other big name (snow rated tire) is the Duratrac. You’re going to have to decide what matters most to you & find a tire that checks the most boxes.

Good luck with it.