GEN 2 Stock 2019, need suggestions on suspension upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I even flutter stacked the compression valve but on bypass shocks u dont feel it as much as u do on conventional smooth body shocks

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
A stiffer valve is not going to let a shock react quicker..that just doesn't make sence..open up a shock and you'll realize what's going on inside them. Reason I bought the truck was to adjust the shocks to my style of driving..I was bummed to find out that those foxes are kinda stuck the way they are. I also am no expert but I have been playing with my own shocks for a while now.. when you replace shock shims with thicker or stiffer ones it makes it either harder to go in "bump" or slower to come out "rebound"..the stock compression stack was " double stacked" so I took all the doubles out and now I have a slighty softer compression stroke, which for me helped..I'm not pounding on the thing daily, I commute down dirt roads alot so I wanted a little bit softer less jittery ride.. but fox pretty much free bleeds there rebound stroke so messing with the shims didnt show as much as I would of liked

Yes, I believe your correct on the valveing. That was bad information and I didn't really think it through. Stiffer valveing will cause shock reaction time to be slower.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, damn internet..lol. save up for the king oem replacement shocks (that's what I'm doing anywayz)..they are almost infinitely adjustable..the holes that fox uses in there inner body are hard to adjust ..good luck..let me know what u end up getting

VGKRaptor

Reaction score
Joshua tree?? Where the hell is that?? Haha j/k..that where I live..I have the stock ride height deaver rear spring..helped a ton with the wheel hop and jittery feel!!! Also put the eibach coil on the front but that really showed the soft rebound valveing!! Also pulled the sway bar off!! In time i will put the kings on it for the adjustability! The foxes use drilled bypass holes so theres not much u can do to slow down the rebound valveing..the +3 deaver would probably be my choice if i had a rack and truck top tent..
what year is your truck? i was thinking about deavers +2 and Eibach up front on my '20. I think this will get me level but not sure.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I put on my 17. Eibach coil and deaver +2 leaf. It gets rid of the lift block and the bump pad so u need to get an aftermarket bump pad for the rear axle. But it really helps with the axle wrap and jittery ride in the sand. It sits level, I never have anything in the bed so the +2's were good for me