GEN 2 Stock 2019, need suggestions on suspension upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my Raptor for almost 3 weeks now. I've taken it through Joshua Tree, Big Bear, and Death Valley so far. I was wondering what type of suspension upgrade should I be looking into? I do like the ride as it stands now, but how much abuse can the stock suspension take before giving out? Or am I asking the wrong questions here?

Total newb when it comes to suspensions, so I figured I'd ask the pros!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Go to Raptor Assault.

You’ll get an idea just how much abuse the stock suspension and truck can take.

j3ff

Reaction score
x2 on the above... we drove those trucks into fairly extreme territory in UT desert and mountains and they ate it up like a fat kid eats cake. i'd be thinking more about lights for greater visibility on night excursions or accessories for trailside rescue/repair.

my .02

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my Raptor for almost 3 weeks now. I've taken it through Joshua Tree, Big Bear, and Death Valley so far. I was wondering what type of suspension upgrade should I be looking into? I do like the ride as it stands now, but how much abuse can the stock suspension take before giving out? Or am I asking the wrong questions here?

Total newb when it comes to suspensions, so I figured I'd ask the pros!

What type of driving/offroading do you do? Why do you want to upgrade? Do you feel the stock suspension is lacking somewhere?

OP
OP
Hdaniel85

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of driving/offroading do you do? Why do you want to upgrade? Do you feel the stock suspension is lacking somewhere?

I think the stock suspension feels fine, I am looking into more overlanding types of travel, not entirely sure the stock suspension is up to the task for this? But I could be wrong.

I agree on the Raptor School class, I am looking into booking my date for sometime in June/July 2020.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If overlanding is your style then a good set of rear leaf springs to support the extra weight u will be having in and or above the bed will do you just fine. Deaver or icon are the two biggest ones. You will see and feel the biggest difference with the leaf springs. If u still want more after that then re evaluate. But like everyone said above the stock suspension is quite capable

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I think the stock suspension feels fine, I am looking into more overlanding types of travel, not entirely sure the stock suspension is up to the task for this? But I could be wrong.

I agree on the Raptor School class, I am looking into booking my date for sometime in June/July 2020.

That's what I plan on doing to my Raptor, overlanding.

Just not sure whether I'll just go with the truck or pull a trailer.

OP
OP
Hdaniel85

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If overlanding is your style then a good set of rear leaf springs to support the extra weight u will be having in and or above the bed will do you just fine. Deaver or icon are the two biggest ones. You will see and feel the biggest difference with the leaf springs. If u still want more after that then re evaluate. But like everyone said above the stock suspension is quite capable

Thank you! I keep seeing +3 or +4 for the leaf springs from Deaver, what does this equate to? Is it a better ride or does it make the rear end sit up a little higher vs sag from the heavier weight added to the bed?