Still learning....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still learning the ins and outs of this system but making progress. Still have not found the location of the Front Row processor but based on the location of the remote on the side of the console I wonder if it's under there. Pulled the side hatch off the dash and dropped the glove box and no luck there or under the passenger seat (I think)
Also note that I'm a combat veteran of VN and my ears are not so good any more! No ear protection in those days.
The highs sounded "fuzzy" to me and since there were suggestions of checking grounds I went through all that and found the positive and negative leads at the amps to be slightly loose, tightened the set screws and the "fuzz" is gone and sound is dramatically better, at least to my ears.
Now to see if the humm comes back when it's been on for some time.
Again, many thanks for the help and suggestions!

OP
OP
Hilbilly Jack

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now it's bad news, good news - the noise came back. Since I'll admit I'm a dummy on all this stuff we were able to find out who did the original install - they are out of business. Called The Audio Shop in Fayetteville, AR and explained it to him and he said he was backed up for 3 weeks but he had a buddy in Conway that I ought too call. Conway is not far from Russellville where the previous owner lived. So I called Jim at Audio Innovations - Jackpot!!! Told him about the truck and the issue I was having and he asked - is it a red Roush truck? He knew all about it, had seen it at shows, heard it, knew it was redone about 5 years ago and said bring it in! So as soon as I get back off the road we will go find the solution. Happy Happy!