Sticking with Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it's going to get even more expensive on the left coast. You might even see lines at the pump. Those morons passed an "anti-gouging" law. Ain't nobody going to order or produce more gas if they can't make a killing doing it. This could be fun to watch. Those dipshìts deserve every bit of it.
It's definitely war on fossil fuels in CA. In 12 years you won't even be allowed to purchase a new gasoline powered vehicle. They couldn't care less if you have anywhere to charge your EV though.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely war on fossil fuels in CA. In 12 years you won't even be allowed to purchase a new gasoline powered vehicle. They couldn't care less if you have anywhere to charge your EV though.
There is no way the Car Mfg can ramp up production enough to make this deadline. The law states the Regulatory Agency can move the deadline date - which they will. It's all performative. I'll buy an EV when I can go 600 miles on a charge, it's cheaper than an ICE, and charge up in less than 10 minutes... We will still be driving fossil fuel cars in 30 years... I think.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, Well that makes 2 of us... That's why I am leaving!!!

Clarify - That's most of the people from the Puget Sound area. The rest of Washington has good people.

What I would really like to see is the "Greater Idaho" initiative actually get off the ground.
If it does, would you please stay in Washington? Everything west of Spokane is a cesspool and beside, Idaho is full and closed!

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way the Car Mfg can ramp up production enough to make this deadline. The law states the Regulatory Agency can move the deadline date - which they will. It's all performative. I'll buy an EV when I can go 600 miles on a charge, it's cheaper than an ICE, and charge up in less than 10 minutes... We will still be driving fossil fuel cars in 30 years... I think.
That is my point with people from Washington and California, you’re in denial and make excuseS. Plus a true idahoan Would NEVER drive an EV. Please move to Austin, they will like you!

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For clarification, I’m just kidding….kinda! However an EV is for people that want to make themselves feel like they are helping the environment, not Raptor owners! IMHO, you should take the high road and ban yourself from this forum for even thinking EV. An EV, no matter how far it will go on a charge is to make people from Washington, California, Oregon, DC, Minnesota and other communist states, feel warm and fuzzy, for which, I have no problem. However, after they flee the cesspool they helped to create, they vote the same policies. Arizona is the latest example, I never thought it would be blue, but California VD infected it. REGARDLESS Idaho is full! I hope you enjoy your Prius!

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Oh man there are soooo many reasons for me - everyone has their own but here are mine. I bought new in December of 2017, it's a 2018. Truck just turned 40k miles this month, so I don't drive that much. When the Gen 3 was announced with the same motor and worse looks, I literally LOLOLOL'd. I was like, 'Ford thinks this is a real upgrade?', the only envy I have is the 5 link rear. My truck is heavily modded too, For 3.0's, UCAs, Deavers, SVC rear bump kit, Alcon front brakes etc, etc. The interior change is meaningless to me, I have a 14.5" 2k HD tablet as my control center, it can do way more than the new sync 4.

From the beginning I was hoping for a powerboost Raptor - that would get me to upgrade for sure. Raptor R? Look, it's cool in a comic book sort of way and I'm glad it exists but holy shit, talk about a stupid inefficient vehicle? I'd get 7 MPG in that thing in Los Angeles, no thanks. But exhaust sound! IDGAF. Did I mention I still think the Gen 2 looks better? I get more people commenting and staring at my truck than any other vehicle I've owned, which for being in LA where there are million dollar cars running around everywhere is pretty funny.

Also, it seems ever since covid Ford's QC has been abysmal. I can't believe the shit I see on the Gen 3 raptor group on FB - plus the owners are the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen. Bunch of whining a-holes only concerned with should they do 20s, 22s or 24s... or upgrade from there 3k miles 2022 to a 2023...

There is literally nothing more I could want out of my truck except a hybrid drive.
I feel ya G…
I gots me one of the few Hybrids that they made in the Gen Dos…:driver::happy175::head3:

D0148706-8619-4FC1-9CFC-D8B8B820E6D4.jpeg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For clarification, I’m just kidding….kinda! However an EV is for people that want to make themselves feel like they are helping the environment, not Raptor owners! IMHO, you should take the high road and ban yourself from this forum for even thinking EV. An EV, no matter how far it will go on a charge is to make people from Washington, California, Oregon, DC, Minnesota and other communist states, feel warm and fuzzy, for which, I have no problem. However, after they flee the cesspool they helped to create, they vote the same policies. Arizona is the latest example, I never thought it would be blue, but California VD infected it. REGARDLESS Idaho is full! I hope you enjoy your Prius!
My family has property in AZ and I’ve been spending time there my whole life. Seeing it fall victim to the toxic CA ideology was heartbreaking to watch, I really never thought I’d see the day.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 60 and have much more combat experience than the average soldier. Most of the experience came, via Blackwater and Triple Canopy. It literally breaks my heart to see how things have changed. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in change, I also believe unless people change they will become dinosaurs, extinct. I think America is at a crossroad, a wrong turn will be catastrophic. After the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle, Austin, Miley and Kirby still have their job. Think about that fact! I am not a Trump fan, but a person would have to live in a cave not to believe he is being persecuted, and not prosecuted. How does this rant apply to Raptors you may ask. China is now the worlds most powerful superpower and Raptors are not made in China……..YET!